Sign in to follow this  
Robi77

How to modify the Display/Hide buttons for FSX aircrafts

My project is to replace the Cessna 172 standard GPS with a GNS-530 system.So far I managed to have the GNS-530 on the Cessna panel ( by modifying panel.cfgfiles ) Unfortunately the standard GPS still pops up when I click on the GPS Display/Hide button. What can I do to get the GNS-530 popping up ( after clicking the Display/Hide button ) ?And how can I completely eliminate the standard GPS from my system ? Thanks for your help Hubert Werni

My project is to replace the Cessna 172 standard GPS with a GNS-530 system.So far I managed to have the GNS-530 on the Cessna panel ( by modifying panel.cfgfiles ) Unfortunately the standard GPS still pops up when I click on the GPS Display/Hide button. What can I do to get the GNS-530 popping up ( after clicking the Display/Hide button ) ?And how can I completely eliminate the standard GPS from my system ? Thanks for your help Hubert Werni
HelloYou will need to edit the Panel.cfg and alter Window02 to include your GNS-530Put the name of your GNS-530 in place of gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0You may also have to alter the size of the window If you are going to be doing a lot of this kind of thing you should invest in FS Panel Studio it will make life much easier.http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=FSP-ESD-001 [Window02]size_mm=456,378window_size=0.5position=8BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0VISIBLE=0ident=GPS_PANELzorder=4 gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0

HelloYou will need to edit the Panel.cfg and alter Window02 to include your GNS-530Put the name of your GNS-530 in place of gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0You may also have to alter the size of the window If you are going to be doing a lot of this kind of thing you should invest in FS Panel Studio it will make life much easier.http://www.flight1.c...uct=FSP-ESD-001 [Window02]size_mm=456,378window_size=0.5position=8BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0VISIBLE=0ident=GPS_PANELzorder=4 gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0
Hello,I am not going to do a lot of modifications except this one.I now managed to have theGNS-530 displaying with the Hide/Display button but there is still a small problem :( see attached screen shot ) The right edge of the GNS530 is only partly visible.I canmove the GNS to any position by dragging it with the mouse,I can pull the left edge,the upper and lower edge but not the right edge.What should I modify in [Windows02] Thanks again.

Herbert Werni

HelloWhich GNS-530 gauge are you using ? Try this Window02 I have just moved the GPS using FSPanel studio, your monitor and resolution may be different to mine so a bit of experimenting may be necessary.you should be able to alter the position and size in these two lineswindow_size= 0.560, 0.570window_pos= 0.200, 0.320 [Window02]Background_color=0,0,0size_mm=456,378window_size_ratio=1.000position=8visible=0ident=GPS_PANELwindow_size= 0.560, 0.570window_pos= 0.200, 0.320 gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0,20,20