Sign in to follow this  
horstinette

FS unusable after crash - serious problem

Hey guys, First of all: Thanks for your hard work, I am really impressed by its depth regarding systems and functionality. It would be a pleasure to fly your plane just with a few more frames. I tried to improve my FS' frames by tweaking here and there, using hints, changing textures and what the WWW wants me to do. So I compared the FPS before and afterwards at always the same place and with the same plane - Cologne and the NGX. The problem I am trying to fight now is a very serious, at least as it looks like: 40460568.jpg Not just the NGX looks like... well... how does it look like? Let's say... strange! Here is my A321 (included in FSX) 59466263.jpg Or the lightweight Trike 79858269.jpg To keep it short: I tweaked*, found some FPS, tweaked again and was sitting in the NGX at Cologne, looked around, felt good about the frames and recognized black screens (I think due to changing the aircraft from Trike to NGX without going back to main menu). So I tried to start the APU but on clicking the start switch, my FS did not want to continue. *including: changing textures to smaller ones, trying RamDisk Plus, changing entries in the fsx.cfg and further things found. I restarted my FS and that's where I am now... Some strange planes, no idea about what happend and what I shall do now. BTW: I haven't tried to backup the tweaked files because it worked until the FS crashed. To be honest... It looks a bit like a cracked version as I heard of problems with previous PMDG aircraft after getting cracked like MD11 deletes folders or whatever your planes do. I ordered my NGX at PMDG itself, paid via PayPal. Any information available on your request to avoid any doubt. AMD Athlon II X4 630 @ 2,8 GHz12GB 1333MHz DDR3nVidia EVGA GTS450 1024MB GDDR5Win7 HomeP 64BFSX Deluxe Reinstalling my FS should be the last option, maybe some of you got a hint. Thanks in advance and best regards! Edit: I looked up the Windows event monitor (or however it's called in english) and it states me a failure of PMDG_737NGX.dll. De facto does it seem like no bad tweak in there. Exception Code "0xc0000005" - anyone knows sth. about it?

Edited by horstinette

Sounds like you added some bad tweaks somewhere along the way. Rename or delete fsx.cfg to make fsx build a new one & see if the problems persist.Edit: If that fixes it I'd suggest following the section on tuning fsx in the ngx introduction document and nothing else. (I don't know if it's been fixed yet, but there's a typo in the HiMemFix=1 edit, the correct entry is HighMemFix=1)

Hey Ken, thanks for your answer. I tried the old fsx.cfg and a new one but no improvement. I went fine until the NGX/FSX crashed. that's why I don't mind the tweaks atm. Edit here aswell as in opening post: I looked up the Windows event monitor (or however it's called in english) and it states me a failure of PMDG_737NGX.dll. De facto does it seem like no bad tweak in there. Exception Code "0xc0000005" - anyone knows sth. about it?

Hey guys, First of all: Thanks for your hard work, I am really impressed by its depth regarding systems and functionality. It would be a pleasure to fly your plane just with a few more frames. I tried to improve my FS' frames by tweaking here and there, using hints, changing textures and what the WWW wants me to do. So I compared the FPS before and afterwards at always the same place and with the same plane - Cologne and the NGX. The problem I am trying to fight now is a very serious, at least as it looks like: 40460568.jpg Not just the NGX looks like... well... how does it look like? Let's say... strange! Here is my A321 (included in FSX) 59466263.jpg Or the lightweight Trike 79858269.jpg To keep it short: I tweaked*, found some FPS, tweaked again and was sitting in the NGX at Cologne, looked around, felt good about the frames and recognized black screens (I think due to changing the aircraft from Trike to NGX without going back to main menu). So I tried to start the APU but on clicking the start switch, my FS did not want to continue. *including: changing textures to smaller ones, trying RamDisk Plus, changing entries in the fsx.cfg and further things found. I restarted my FS and that's where I am now... Some strange planes, no idea about what happend and what I shall do now. BTW: I haven't tried to backup the tweaked files because it worked until the FS crashed. To be honest... It looks a bit like a cracked version as I heard of problems with previous PMDG aircraft after getting cracked like MD11 deletes folders or whatever your planes do. I ordered my NGX at PMDG itself, paid via PayPal. Any information available on your request to avoid any doubt. AMD Athlon II X4 630 @ 2,8 GHz12GB 1333MHz DDR3nVidia EVGA GTS450 1024MB GDDR5Win7 HomeP 64BFSX Deluxe Reinstalling my FS should be the last option, maybe some of you got a hint. Thanks in advance and best regards! Edit: I looked up the Windows event monitor (or however it's called in english) and it states me a failure of PMDG_737NGX.dll. De facto does it seem like no bad tweak in there. Exception Code "0xc0000005" - anyone knows sth. about it?
I had this same/similar problem. No way was I going to re-install FSX. My fix was re-do the overclock, and new graphics card drivers .I also backed off the "eye-candy" a shade. I've been steady ever since. It may be that you have too many things going on at the same time.With these new systems we tend to forget that every icon on the desktop requires a little bit of resourse: sometimes just clearing yourdesktop helps.I really can't say what your problem is but, you may try the above suggestions.

I had this same/similar problem. No way was I going to re-install FSX. My fix was re-do the overclock, and new graphics card drivers .I also backed off the "eye-candy" a shade. I've been steady ever since. It may be that you have too many things going on at the same time.With these new systems we tend to forget that every icon on the desktop requires a little bit of resourse: sometimes just clearing yourdesktop helps.I really can't say what your problem is but, you may try the above suggestions.
Hey Alex, I got the latest drivers as I bought my card yesterday ;) Overclocking is not my part atm, I'm running on standards."Too many things the same time" is not a problem and that is definitively not a reason to collect all aircraft parts at the bottom :D To point out again: A .dll-crash screwed my FSX and its planes up. Seems like another FSX setup :-/

"An application error has occurred and an application error log is being generated. Exception: access violation (0xC0000005), Address" The error 0xC0000005 is generated by an illegal "memory access violation". This can be caused by anything from faulty RAM, an incorrect/corrupt device driver, or poorly written/updated software .
Try a GOOGLE search One of the more starighforward link I found was http://www.updatexp....0xC0000005.html

I should have googled that exception code...Thanks Geoff, that indicates anything went wrong with RAMDisk. I uninstalled it now and trying to set a new FSX to get ready for tomorrow. Furthermore I will skip the RAM-step and stay at changing textures or keep an eye on tutorials regarding RAM things. Thank you, will keep you up to date, let's hope that fail won't leave anything wrong here.

To point out again: A .dll-crash screwed my FSX and its planes up. Seems like another FSX setup :-/
The guys on this board can help you: which .dll is screwed?If it's xml.dll the fix is quite simple. You may\should submit a ticket to PMDG support if, the last thing you installed toFSX was a PMDG product and see if they have any suggestions.But, looking at the cockups in your screen shots, my "best" guess is that it is a memory\resource problem or,a tweak that you applied which changed "something" outside of the FSX.cfg file. Which might be why allowing FSX to rebuild the FSX.cfg file hasn't cured the problem. EDIT
"An application error has occurred and an application error log is being generated. Exception: access violation (0xC0000005), Address" The error 0xC0000005 is generated by an illegal "memory access violation". This can be caused by anything from faulty RAM, an incorrect/corrupt device driver, or poorly written/updated software . Try a GOOGLE search One of the more starighforward link I found was http://www.updatexp....0xC0000005.html
This sounds like a "gauge" is causing the problem.

Still that PMDG_737NGX.dll due to "memory access violation". I changed the SimObject-Path to a new RAMDisk folder as I found on the WWW. I think that was the corrupt thing I made... Well, I gonna reinstall the FS just to be sure that everything works fine though.

This problem happens when an Install of Scenery or a Utility for FSX goes bad. I had same thing happen to me when I installed the FSDT KLAX Demo. I have lots of their scenery and never saw that before. Anyway I uninstalled KLAX and it installed the latest addon manager for my other FSDT Sceneries. I willing to bet you installed some scenery lately or some other utility and thats when FSX got screwed up. If you was by any chance messing with FS Dreamteam stuff go get the latest version of the Stand Alone Addon manager and install this after you uninstall the current one. Even if you did not install any FSDT scenery lately but have FS Dreamteam scenery I would still do this. That is what fixed mine, the latest addon manager.

Hey Paul, thanks for your hint but as I stated above, it worked very nicely until I wanted that APU to start... Means: No scenery or tool or even addon installed additionally to the previous setup. To all: Thanks for your posts, I uninstalled any aircraft addon and look: FS seems to be fine.Reinstalled NGX and it works, whatever it was... Really strange, but thats the FSX ;-) I'm done, FPS are not the best but the feeling is much better as before (feels almost like 30 fps in VC) and will try to enjoy and tweak without touching RAM :-) Problem solved, thank you guys! Best regards

In these situations, I see it like this...spend 6-8 hours troubleshooting and searching for answers which I have done many times over the years...or spend 2-3 hours reinstalling FSX and addons which solves the issues most of the time.