Sign in to follow this  
Paul Deemer

My Weather Config for PMDG Planes - Part II

Paul, first thank you for your great imput! I have included all your suggested changes in ASE, FSUIPC and fsx.cfg and I must say for the first time my sim weather looks real and the weather conditions appear as per the current METAR. The NGX holds the LNAV perfectly, it flies the line as a train on a rail track. I have one observation related with the VNAV though - at some point during the ascent or descent the control wheel starts moving back and forth, creating an oscillation in the vertical plane. It is not something that bad to be a "game stopper" but certainly it should not be there. The oscillation occurs mostly between FL150 and FL300. Have you noticed such thing on your install? P.S. I have a clean install + ASE, FSUIPC, REX textures only, add on sceneries, no other add on planes, ******* tweaks. I have observed the same thing before applying your tweaks as well (actually this fact made me try it out).

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Hiya Paul T'was I that that requested the repost. Many thanks indeed. Makes things so much simpler.

Very nice, thanks for presenting all this info in such an easy to follow format.

I have one observation related with the VNAV though - at some point during the ascent or descent the control wheel starts moving back and forth, creating an oscillation in the vertical plane. It is not something that bad to be a "game stopper" but certainly it should not be there. The oscillation occurs mostly between FL150 and FL300.
Are all your controllers calibrated? I have not noticed anything like this but if you could describe a little more how the plane is reacting then maybe we could help out a little more.

Many thanks Paul, will run through this again and double check that I'm setup correctly.

Ed Haslam

One thing I omitted in the post above. I always start FSX first, and then when at the Gate and setting up I load ASE.

One thing I omitted in the post above. I always start FSX first, and then when at the Gate and setting up I load ASE.
Just out of interest, what is the reason for this Paul?

Ed Haslam

Paul, For days have I been trying to insert your suggestions into the various files. The FSX.CFG and FSUIPC.INI I have found and alterred accordingly. However, and notwithstanding your earlier comments, for some reason I just cannot find the FSXOption.cfg file. Appreciate your guidence so I can go ahead and also alter this file accordingly.Thanks in advance and regardsDirk M. Karmelk

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Paul, For days have I been trying to insert your suggestions into the various files. The FSX.CFG and FSUIPC.INI I have found and alterred accordingly. However, and notwithstanding your earlier comments, for some reason I just cannot find the FSXOption.cfg file. Appreciate your guidence so I can go ahead and also alter this file accordingly.Thanks in advance and regardsDirk M. Karmelk
Do you have ASE installed? That's what this file is from.

Just out of interest, what is the reason for this Paul?
Before I started using DWC mode I was using the Standard mode. So one day I logon to VATSIM and am prepping for my departure. I look at the weather in ASE Xgauge and choose the appropriate Runway based on the current winds. Meanwhile on Unicom 122.800 I hear everyone else coming in on a different runway. So I ask what their winds are, and even go searching on the web for the current weather conditions at JFK. They all had the right Runway and I did not, and I had loaded ASE first then FSX. After reloading FSX first then ASE at the gate my weather matched up perfectly with what everyone else had and what the current real world weather was. So after that I just started loading FSX first and ASE last out of habit.

For days have I been trying to insert your suggestions into the various files. The FSX.CFG and FSUIPC.INI I have found and alterred accordingly. However, and notwithstanding your earlier comments, for some reason I just cannot find the FSXOption.cfg file. Appreciate your guidence so I can go ahead and also alter this file accordingly. Thanks in advance and regards
Everyones file path is going to be different. But to give you a general Idea of where it is look at mine below. C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Roaming\HiFi\ASE\Options Substitute My Name (Paul) for whatever your Windows User Name is.

Do you have ASE installed? That's what this file is from. Kenneth,I ran the ASv6 setup and noticed that Active Radar, ASGraphics, ASv6 have all been placed in the FSX Modules file. When opening last mentioned file the only cfg I find is that pertaining to Voice.. Has the setup maybe gone wrong whereby all files are not directed into their rightious places? Dirk Karmelk

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Karmelk sorry for the confusion but the FSXOptions.cfg is for Activesky Evolution Only and not compatible with previous versions of Activesky. If your still using Activesky 6 with FSX I suggest you consider upgrading. Activesky has come a long long way since Version 6 and its well worth the money to upgrade.