Sign in to follow this  
Paul Deemer

My Weather Config for PMDG Planes - Part II

PaulI can't get rid of the first set of Smileys. Anyway is was 40,40,mega_shok.gif,mega_shok.gif.MichaelI give up.

Darn AVSIM and their Emoticons! :( :( This is ticking me off cause now I can't post the right config!Guys I will just spell the numbers out. Change the two words Eighty to the actual numbers.TurbulenceRate=0.5,2.5TurbulenceDivisor=40,40,Eighty, Eighty

Edited by UAL115

Does this work with an unregistered FSUIPC version?
It should since your no longer using the FSUIPC weather settings anymore, and the value changes above should work with the unregistered version too. Edited by UAL115

Paul,What are the functions of these two items in FSUPC weather settings? (more turbulence or less turbulence?? )TurbulenceRate=0.5,2.5TurbulenceDivisor=40,40,Eighty,Eighty

Edited by asanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

PaulThanks for the clarification on the Turbulence Divisor. Those emoticons are a nightmare. I could never get rid of them in the two replies I made no matter what I tried.I am still getting S-turns in the NGX. I need to double check my settings and try yesterdays FSUIPC update. I have an update from around the end of December 2011Michael

Edited by pcubine

Great i just purchased FSUIPC and now i dont need it, does this only apply for the new 2012 version, or ASE as well?Also why are you saying you need to purchase FSUIPC so that you can then disable it lol?

Edited by highkoo

Jason Aerts

you don't disable FSUIPC, you disable weather settings from FSUIPCand it's also useful for other things then just weather, it's not a waste of money

You need the registered FSUIPC for ASE still, but not for AS2012. FSUPC is very useful for a variety of things besides weather. Such as Autosave, Fine tuning and calibrating your controls etc.To be sure you have the latest FSUIPC it should say 4751a

PaulAn update on my reply #51 dated January 19, 2012.I didn’t have the lasted update for FSUIPC. When I checked from within FSX the update was dated April 2009. Here is how this came about. Toward the end of December 2011 I updated FSUIPC primarily to help prevent g3d.dll errors because of what I had read in the PMDG General Forum. It is supposed prevent most of these errors which it did. Subsequent to that update I reinstalled the CS 757-200 which has an unregistered copy of FSUIPC dated in April 2009. That reinstall replaced the new update but left FSUIPC registered. So I updated FSUIPC to a January 18, 2012 version and cleared all weather settings. With the exception of cloud density (set at 15 in FSX.cfg) and changing AutoGen during the flight all FSX.cfg, AS2012, and FSUIPC.ini settings are as outlined in this thread.This works fine for the NGX and 747-400X and MD-11X with one exception. If the MD-11 in setup correctly and in particular the FMS it will essentially do an automatic flight including 3 to 4 step climbs from EHAM, EDDF, and EDDM to the west coast of the U.S. Once you have cleared the 250 restriction at 10000 there is nothing left to do until the descent starts for the destination airport. For this type of flight with automatic step climbs to work correctly everything across the top of the PFD must be in magenta with the exception of AP1 which is blue and this procedure is very sensitive to turbulence, winds, gusts, etc. This is for the MD-11 forum not the NGX forum.Anyway the S-Turns are eliminated.Michael

Thanks for the help, for the weather settings.

Finally someone who explains that one right.

That has helped me. :good: