Sign in to follow this  
petsumnets

taxi speed

Hi all,Is there a trick to keep the taxi speed to for instance 15 knots steady without increasing or decreasing throttle power constantly which results in a too slow or too fast taxi speed?Thanks,Patrick

No. And in fact I would assume it's bad practice to just try to set it to some value and let go. Better is to constantly monitor and adjust as necessary. It's not so different than flying - you do trim the aircraft, however you would normally not be able to let go of the controls for a prolonged period without the plane drifting away, even if perfectly trimmed. sig.gif

FSCopilot (or some other VATSIM software...) has a taxi speed gauge. You have to manually add it to the aircraft you use it for config file, but it works. I haven't tried it with the NGX, only the default 737, back in the day.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Just a liiiiitle amount of thrust, depending on your weight would be ok to keep you on the move. Once inertia is "broken" keep it somewhere around idle to maintain that speed. (from 10 to 30kts).I appreciate the taxi model on the NGX, it's quite realistic.

Rafael Henrique Carelli

I agree. Taxi modeling in NGX is the by far the most realistic yet for a sim! If they can get the brake issue sorted out we would be set.

Ken Ehlers
F70

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I agree. Taxi modeling in NGX is the by far the most realistic yet for a sim! If they can get the brake issue sorted out we would be set.
What brake issue?

Rafael Henrique Carelli

The heating indications that won't clear even if the plane sits for an very long time.

Ken Ehlers
F70

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg