Sign in to follow this  
bluepilot76

HUD makes Display switch inoperative

Hi,I imagine this has been pointed out before, but I have not got time to check hundreds of pages to make sure...When the HUD is down the switch that is marked (from memory) VOR/OFF/ADF on the left hand side does not work. Also some of the writing dissappears. I am not trying to click it through the HUD either. Using TIR to look around the edge and select it. Richard

I will double check but I am certain it is the default viewing position. Everything in the cockpit is displayed correctly and works as expected, EXCEPT that switch, and only when the HUD is down..

Think about it... the combiner is a 3D structure, even if mostly transparent. If you hover your mouse over it, the cursor would try to find the closest clickspots. If the VOR/ADF switch is behind the combiner, it's practically the same if it were behind a wall. You can't operate it.And the missing readings have been noted shortly after release, should hopefully get a fix with the SP. sig.gif

Guys stop trolling. What he means is when he lowers the combiner, and then move to the right to use the captain's EFIS panel, he can't due to the above reasons. This is a known bug and is fixed for SP1.

Thankyou Jordan, It is good to see someone takes the trouble to read a whole sentance before jumping to conclusions. I am glad the issue has already been noted and will be fixed in the SP !

Is this the default viewing position?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

No, I am looking through the HUD with all of its symbology visible. Anyway it has already been established that it is a bug. I am looking forward to the SP.

Could you do a picture of what you see?

Best Regards,

My switches / dials (vor // CRS etc) work ok in my view here.

Best Regards,

Vonmar in that picture you posted you will notice that VOR is missing from the top position of the switch. I think you will find that you cannot change its position either.I have edited your picture so you can understand which switch I mean...