Sign in to follow this  
andy1975

How to use two RXP GNS 430

Hi everyone,I just messed arround a bit with the panels and found that the best solution to have two RXP GNS 430 in the UNLIMITED version is by KEEPING the Carenado standard Cockpit layout and NOT use the RXP Integration tool. Here are my entries in the panel.cfg First section to change: [Window00]Background_color=49,49,49size_mm=500,532window_size_ratio=1.000 position=0visible=0ident=794window_size= 0.320, 0.444window_pos= 0.020, 0.505zorder=0 gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS430, 2,0,500,266gauge01=rxpGNS!GNS430_2, 2,266,500,266gauge02=BA36!Toggle_GPS, 115,38,274,164gauge03=BA36!Toggle_GPS, 114,291,278,164 and second: [Vcockpit03]Background_color=0,0,0size_mm=512,512visible=0pixel_size=1024,1024texture=$Panel_bon_4_N gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS430, 157,59,353,179gauge01=rxpGNS!GNS430_2, 157,239,353,179gauge02=BA36!gem, 8,354,154,154 Well, this is just kind of suggestion for a quick start from, please correct me how to do it easier! Idea.gif And don´t forget to make backups of original files and put in a working RXPGNS.INI setup for two GNS 430! Hope it helps!

You just need to add the cross fill entry. Check the panel.cfg for a plane where you already have crossfill and copy over the required line(s). Job done.

For some reason, this doesn't work for me. I get a crash to desktop, and the entry in the rxpGnsSim.dll.log is "Self-terminating orphaned GNS 430".

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

If you add cross fill to the RXP GNS 430's and dont have the RXP unlimited package you will get a crash.So to run both RXP 430 GPS units you need.RXP 430RXP Unlimitedrun the Carenado RXP installer.Add the cross fill line in the panel.cfg.

I don't have any other aircraft with the crossfill (yet). Can anybody post up the required lines? Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,I just messed arround a bit with the panels and found that the best solution to have two RXP GNS 430 in the UNLIMITED version is by KEEPING the Carenado standard Cockpit layout and NOT use the RXP Integration tool.
Great find! That looks way better - and most of the buttons / knobs are usable!

Bert

Thanks Bert! The only thing that does not work is the possibility to change the RXP GMA340 and GTX327..... well, they can be changed but the colours do not match with an ugly pronounced whiter grey tone!

They all work, but are offset to the side - especially on the left side. But, for detail work, you use the popup.

Bert

This is a showstopper for me. I use dual GNS in the panel (no popouts). It would have been perfect if there were a 530/430 option (for those of us that do not have the GNS Unlimited Pack). Second choice would be 430/430. But, in any case, integration/buttons would need to be seamless directly in the panel. Why they did not consider these options when designing for and advertising RXP integration?

Jason

I think at least the second RXP 3D model for the twin 430 setup should be easy to do for Carenado. If the rather huge knobs could also be corrected, it would be perfect.Since the C337 already incorporated a 530 3D model which is working and looking fine, maybe that change isn't too much work too. Just assuming.We saw some different 3D cockpit options in older Carenado releases (manual file exchange on the F33 Bonanza), so maybe the ones on the A36 can be expanded.

Does anyone have a clue why we got an option to select a double RXP stack in the Cessna 210 and only one RXP unit in the Bonanza? Seems like a step back...

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I own several Carenado planes and it is as if they were developed bydifferent teams with different standards..They all look great, but the panel design is evolving in unpredictabledirections.. I too, would appreciate sticking with "best practices".

Bert