Sign in to follow this  
beoingrocks

Apple CEO Steve Jobs Died today

Sure owe that clever individual a great deal for his contributions. Thoughts go out his family.Gary

Thoughts go out his family.
Agreed, very sad.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This has nothing to do with flight, flying, aircraft... FSX... etc. Wrong forum, at the least.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

There's a similar thread at the Hangar Chat forum. But, anyway, let me say here too that I'm deeply sorry for his family and his coworkers. Severla articles have appeared in the meantime that, besides seeing him as the innovator he was, also give some very candid, funny, and right out tragic views into he more personal life: Walt Mossberg:For our fifth D conference, both Steve and his longtime rival, the brilliant Bill Gates, surprisingly agreed to a joint appearance, their first extended onstage joint interview ever. But it almost got derailed.Earlier in the day, before Gates arrived, I did a solo onstage interview with Jobs, and asked him what it was like to be a major Windows developer, since Apple’s iTunes program was by then installed on hundreds of millions of Windows PCs.He quipped: “It’s like giving a glass of ice water to someone in Hell.” When Gates later arrived and heard about the comment, he was, naturally, enraged, because my partner Kara Swisher and I had assured both men that we hoped to keep the joint session on a high plane.In a pre-interview meeting, Gates said to Jobs: “So I guess I’m the representative from Hell.” Jobs merely handed Gates a cold bottle of water he was carrying. The tension was broken, and the interview was a triumph, with both men acting like statesmen. When it was over, the audience rose in a standing ovation, some of them in tears. A neighbour, Lisen:While Newsweek and the Wall Street Journal and CNET continue to drone on about the impact of the Steve Jobs era, I won’t be pondering the MacBook Air I write on or the iPhone I talk on. I will think of the day I saw him at his son’s high school graduation. There Steve stood, tears streaming down his cheeks, his smile wide and proud, as his son received his diploma and walked on into his own bright future, leaving behind a good man and a good father who can be sure of the rightness of this, perhaps his most important legacy of all.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

This has nothing to do with flight, flying, aircraft... FSX... etc. Wrong forum, at the least.
Who is Hijacking threads now. RIP Mr Jobs, I loved your work I was only very recently a convert to Apple products in the last 18 months or so, in that short time you brought a lot of enjoyment to my life, thank you.

Cheers, Andy.