Sign in to follow this  
sarahguiney

VC Model

Just wondering if anybody else has noticed that the VC Model "seems" to be off a little bit. I say "seems" because I have never been in a real 737, only seen pictures so I don't know for sure. The window area between the glaresheild and overhead seems to be too big. In pictures and videos, it seems much smaller and slimmer than this. It just seems that the overall VC should be "stretched" out a little bit. Hope you understand what I'm trying say here. Maybe this is what RSR was referring to when he said they have an updated VC model for the SP. I would like to say again, I have never been in a real 737 cockpit, so I'm not saying it is wrong, just looks like it from pictures and videos I've seen, so please don't crap on me. Thanks Sarah Guiney

Nope, no one else noticed anything quite as stupid as that. You might want to check the Boeing photos rather than Flickr or whatever you are looking at. I'm surprised you even know the term glareshield and overhead. I don't understand what you are trying to say. Thanks.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Nope, no one else noticed anything quite as stupid as that. You might want to check the Boeing photos rather than Flickr or whatever you are looking at. I'm surprised you even know the term glareshield and overhead. I don't understand what you are trying to say. Why don't you write in on the men's room wall? Thanks.
Man...you're a tough audience.

Man...you're a tough audience.
Yes, I guess so, maybe a little too harsh. Sorry, It just there are dumb posts, and then there are really dumb posts, and then there is this one that . . . I've never ever seen one, but, I did see a photograph and whadda think, is this wrong, and this too short or too big or too little. Com'on gimme a break. Ray
raymar.... Womans Wall.
No, I wouldn't see it there. Ray

Just wondering if anybody else has noticed that the VC Model "seems" to be off a little bit. I say "seems" because I have never been in a real 737, only seen pictures so I don't know for sure. The window area between the glaresheild and overhead seems to be too big. In pictures and videos, it seems much smaller and slimmer than this. It just seems that the overall VC should be "stretched" out a little bit. Hope you understand what I'm trying say here. Maybe this is what RSR was referring to when he said they have an updated VC model for the SP. I would like to say again, I have never been in a real 737 cockpit, so I'm not saying it is wrong, just looks like it from pictures and videos I've seen, so please don't crap on me. Thanks Sarah Guiney
Sarah, in my very humble opinion, I tend to trust PMDG's modeling due to the large roster of real world NG pilots that test flew this thing for endless hours to ensure it was as real as it gets. Perhaps those pictures are just at a weird angle.

Okay, okay, okay -- ¡Cálmate! I don't really speak Spanish, but I do know that one word. Let's retract the fangs a little.
I really do apologize to all that may have been offended by my response, including myself who was offended by the post. Ray

I really do apologize to all that may have been offended by my response, including myself who was offended by the post. Ray
I thought it was spot on. -Travis

I have been in quite a few 737 cockpits and i have thought about the same thing. Everytime i stood right behind the center pedestal and leaned myself forward, it seems as the windows are more vertically "slimmed". But as someone else said, it's a different thing once you actually are sitting in the seat and are quite close to the glaresheild. -Erik Norberg

Sarah, isnt this happening to you because of the zoom factor you are using in a VC? Try to "play" with it and find the one that fits your liking the best. If you zoom out beyond ~0.5 everything looks kinda weird in the cockpit. For myself I mostly use zoom between 0.5 and 0.7 in the VC.And yes, if you try using some camera addon like EZdok you can "travel" around the cockpit and see that windows get pretty narrow when you look from above or further behind the captains seat.

Sarah, isnt this happening to you because of the zoom factor you are using in a VC? Try to "play" with it and find the one that fits your liking the best. If you zoom out beyond ~0.5 everything looks kinda weird in the cockpit. For myself I mostly use zoom between 0.5 and 0.7 in the VC.And yes, if you try using some camera addon like EZdok you can "travel" around the cockpit and see that windows get pretty narrow when you look from above or further behind the captains seat.
True. You can also simply use the mouse, spacebar and the scroll or roll button on the mouse to change the angle and depth of view in the VC. But, at the end of the day you will still be looking at the presentation of a 3d object on a 2d monitor and you shouldn't expect it to look like a photograph. Ray

Nope, no one else noticed anything quite as stupid as that. You might want to check the Boeing photos rather than Flickr or whatever you are looking at. I'm surprised you even know the term glareshield and overhead. I don't understand what you are trying to say. Thanks.
A tad harsh, Ray. Totally out of character. Wazzup?

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Since I only asked if the VC modelling was a abit off and never said it was, I did think the response was harsh and unwarranted, but I myself have lashed at others when unneeded and thats life. As for the more friendlier responses, I guess I did forget the fact that most cockpit pictures are taken from the door area and it would look different sitting in the seat and I retract my statement.

A tad harsh, Ray. Totally out of character. Wazzup?
I agree, I guess it was late, and it was just one more of those dumb posts about the model not looking right from a certain angle or like a friends photograph and I snapped back. I guess what pushed me over the edge was . . . I have never really seen one in real life, but I have this photograph . . . I'm back to my normal, grouchy ole self today and waiting for the UPS delivery. I have a promised door drop of a 1TB drive loaded with the 2nd batch of SimSavvy 50cm photoreal scenery for about 15 or so states. Larry just told me yesterday that he has completed the 3rd batch and will be sending them out as soon as the drives make their way back to Colorado. This release includes my home state and general flying area so I am eager to get it installed also. But, you are absolutely correct, it was out of character for me to do something that silly. I apologized earlier up the thread. Ray