Sign in to follow this  
redfire66

FSX start up problem after installing PMDG MD11n

When I start FSX I get the following warning (see attachment) If I select do not run then FSX starts normally and so does the MD11 but minus the sound opsions in the FSX add on menu. There are no cockpit sounds either. If I select run then FSX crashes and crashes windows too. Running: Win Vista home premium SP2 FSX SP2 I wonder if anyone else has had similar problem. Red

The installer should have a repair option. Try running that & see if it helps, could have been a bad install.

Thanks for your help. I did run the repair option, I also did a new install but still had the problem. Strangely the next time I started FSX the problem had dissapeared. All is working normally. Its annoying as I cannot understand what put it right. Am enjoying learning to fly this superb aircraft! Red