Sign in to follow this  
Gerry47

FSX and nVidia Optimus, and "fatal error" question

Hi I have my m17x r3 for one week and have been trying to get FSX to run properly since then. In the nVidia control panel FSX is listed as a programme and set to use the nVidia processor. When I go to the "Settings" tab in FSX, under "Device" it says "Intel ® HD Graphics Family .0.0" and does not list the 580m. In game I am getting between 10 and 50+fps with settings on high to max. (I also have the sim on my m11x r1 and that lists the graphics card under the same tab). The sim runs quite well but often when I exit I get a "fatal error" message and the sim re-starts itself. Also when I launch the game sometimes the window that should display the aircraft under the "free flight" tab is black but sometimes you can see the aircraft that is being loaded. (I notice I don't get this error if I don't use DX10 Preview.) A noob question but is the graphics card running the game or is it the gpu on the processor? Has anyone had a similar problem? Any suggestions or solutions please? Alienware m17xr3 (non-3d)Core i7 2860QM8Gb RAM750 Gb Thanks for your help. Gerry