Sign in to follow this  
KL Oo

How do I get the NGC to ignore departure restrictions on a SID

Hey guys, I've had a look in the manual but couldn't locate it. I'm sure its in there somewhere but this is probably easier. So I've set my NGX up for a departure out of EGKK. On the CLN8M SID there are departure altitude restrictions that keep the aircraft at about 5000 feet for sometime. How do I tell the FMS to ignore these restrictions and climb a normal profile. I can click MAX RATE and MAX ANGLE, but what about a normal climb profile to ignore those restrictions. In addition to this, one other thing that often happens when flying this aircraft is I get the warning horn honking on and off for no apparanent reason The Master Caution button illuminates but no other details come up on the panel. Usually after about 10 minutes of honking it goes off. Any ideas? Cheers,

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Set higher altitude and hit the altitude intervention button. For the horn, check the overhead, cabin altitude.

Hi Kael. You can select level change and add the speed manuallly - or you can select vertical speed and finally instead of use the programmed sid you can manually add the sid waypoints without any speed or altitude restrictions. Have a nice day Cowboy.gif

Or press the delete button then RLSK the line with the altitude restriction.

Cheers, Andy.

Easier to just press altitude intervention button I would say. One press and the restriction you want to bypass is ignored. Thats what the altude intervention button is for I believe. No need to come out of VNAV, no need to use VS or flight level change. Be interesting if the real world pilots advised on the most commonly used procedure.