Sign in to follow this  
Copperleaf

737NGX better than FSX!

Am I alone in finding that I am increasingly dissapointed with the graphics and default terrain in FSX after flying the 737NGX? The aircraft is a generation further forward than FSX both in performance and graphics. The only add on that I am currently using is Radio Contact 4. Even this is now getting woefully out of date. Can anyone recommend a set of world wide terrain textures that will improve the general appearance of FSX without killing my frame rates? I would also appreciate any comments on the value of installing REX. Chris Hall.

Activesky - Weather FS Global - Mesh Ground Environment X - Ground Textures Real Environment X - Sky and Water Textures Ultimate Terrain X - Terrain Later on you can start purchasing Airport Scenery. To see what everything does and how it affects FSX look up the above products and check out the screenshots and documentation to see what they do.

Activesky - Weather FS Global - Mesh Ground Environment X - Ground Textures Real Environment X - Sky and Water Textures Ultimate Terrain X - Terrain Airport Scenery
= CTD

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

= CTD
I run SceneryTech USA, GEX, UTX, REX, ActiveSkyEvolution, Ultimate Traffic II, FTX Pacific North West, FSDT/FlightBeam/FlyTampa airports, EZDok, and TrackIR with the PMDG NGX and I get zero CTD's.

= CTD
lmao +1
I run SceneryTech USA, GEX, UTX, REX, ActiveSkyEvolution, Ultimate Traffic II, FTX Pacific North West, FSDT/FlightBeam/FlyTampa airports, EZDok, and TrackIR with the PMDG NGX and I get zero CTD's.
The United States CIA want's their computer back

= CTD
I use all of them every day and no CTDs here on a Q6600 overclocked at 3.0 ghz, 8 gig System Memory and an 8800GTX Video Card. Just make sure you turn off the Night Lights option in UTX and it won't lag you bad. You really need a high end system for that option.

No surprise there, FSX was released way back in 2006. No wonder it looks a bit dated.That cocktail that Paul Deemer have mentioned should help you.

I use all of them every day and no CTDs here on a Q6600 overclocked at 3.0 ghz, 8 gig System Memory and an 8800GTX Video Card. Just make sure you turn off the Night Lights option in UTX and it won't lag you bad. You really need a high end system for that option.
My system doesn't like it.
I bet. If you pull autogen back.. I was being mostly tongue in cheek, guys. Though it's the perfect recipe.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

= CTD
MyTraffic XASERCREXUTXGEXFSRecorderFrapsFSUIPCEZDok I usually have NaviGraph & FSBuild open on the second screen and I usually watch YouTube videos on the longer legs. Never had a CTD! *Edit* saw the tongue in cheek comment - hackles lowered :)

Am I alone in finding that I am increasingly dissapointed with the graphics and default terrain in FSX after flying the 737NGX? The aircraft is a generation further forward than FSX both in performance and graphics. The only add on that I am currently using is Radio Contact 4. Even this is now getting woefully out of date. Can anyone recommend a set of world wide terrain textures that will improve the general appearance of FSX without killing my frame rates? I would also appreciate any comments on the value of installing REX. Chris Hall.
If you are following all the standard cockpit procedures, checklists, talking to ATC, flows, planning, and doing it ALL YOURSELF, without a Co-Pilot, I am surprised you have time to even look out of the window to admire the lack of scenery !! If you still feel the need for Detailed Scenery, ( and a potentially lower Frame rate, and higher chances of a CTD) then check out some of the ORBX products Note: ORBX scenery is the greatest .. not knocking it at all, its FANTASTIC --- but the more you load your PC up with "extras", the higher your chances of a CTD or OOM.

Listing your computer specs would help in determining what you could run.

Jay

Might want to try FS Altitude, that's better suited to an airliner for world scenery. It's pricey, but very nice: http://www.fsaltitude.com/index.htm Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hello, Geoff. To some extent, I quite agree. What triggered this post was when I took off from Hong Kong and looked at an external view, all I could see was a green and brown landscape with a couple of white rectangles for the city centre. The urban sprawl is not represented at all! However, one of the reasons that I don't have many add ons at the moment is that I don't want to prejudice the operation of the 737NGX. I forgot to mention that I use FSUIPC and use FSBuild for flight planning. What I am looking for is a replacement set of terrain textures that are more realistic. Chris Hall