Sign in to follow this  
HumzaTheSpartan117

Wilco A320 ILS Not Alligning to Runway Properly

Hey everyone! I checked on the WILCO Forums but got nothing but I am experiancing a problem with the Wilco A320 for FS2004. When im on a pproach and when I'm using the ILS it will allign with the runway properly but then it will just turn left some how and miss the centre line. Makes it look all weird and crappy. Yes I know wilco is crap but sadly i'm stuck with it. I'm hoping to get the A320 by Airsimmer if I can get it (If you know what I mean ;) )

So is the thrust of your post teliing us that Wilco is ' Crap and you are stuck with it' or are you trying to get some help here. I can imagine it being very frustrating but I would not knock the product, not yet anyway. Yes, Wilco A320 has some short comings as does Airsimmer for that matter. However, your problem may not just be aircraft related. I have never personally experianced your problem. So lets strip every back and start again. 1. What model/Engine type are you using CFM or IAE ? 2. What airport are you landing at ? 3. Is the aforementioned airport an 'add-on' or default ? 4. What was the weather doing i.e wind speed ? 5. What is your weather engine ? If you can answer these I can replicate your flight and see if I have similar problems and we can go from there. Tristan

I have never had a problem with the ILS not aligning with runway. Most probably it is the scenery not the plane. As Speedbird suggested, give us more details. By the way, Wilco's Airbuses, with it is shortcomings, fly better than Airsimmer's especially after the evolution upgrade.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

I'm hoping to get the A320 by Airsimmer if I can get it
Of course you can get it. It's yours for 39,95$ at http://www.airsimmer.com/ The best A320 simulation ever if you ask me.I've never touched WIlco again since I bought and learned to fly AS properly. As for your question I don't remember having the problem in my Wilco times.Follow Tristan's good advice and you may have your bug fixed.

Remember, neither the aircraft nor the ILS "know" anything about the runway. You could put the antenna in the middle of an Iowa cornfield and the aircraft would work just the same. All the aircraft can do is capture the localizer and glideslope signals, and indicate on the flight director, or send signals to the autopilot to adjust pitch and bank to center the aircraft within the signal envelope, as shown by the deviation arrows being centered in the horizontal and vertical scales. So first we need to know if the flight director/autopilot are moving to achieve and hold the deviation indicators centered? Don't forget, if there is crosswind the autopilot will cause the aircraft to crab into the wind, and you will have to remove that crab angle at the flare, or use a cross-control method. It could also be that the ILS antennas are not aligned to the runway centerline, either by design or mistake. That can be determined by looking at the AFCAD/ADE, or by trying different ILS and see if the problem is everywhere or just at one location. scott s..

Remember, neither the aircraft nor the ILS "know" anything about the runway. You could put the antenna in the middle of an Iowa cornfield and the aircraft would work just the same. All the aircraft can do is capture the localizer and glideslope signals, and indicate on the flight director, or send signals to the autopilot to adjust pitch and bank to center the aircraft within the signal envelope, as shown by the deviation arrows being centered in the horizontal and vertical scales. So first we need to know if the flight director/autopilot are moving to achieve and hold the deviation indicators centered? Don't forget, if there is crosswind the autopilot will cause the aircraft to crab into the wind, and you will have to remove that crab angle at the flare, or use a cross-control method. It could also be that the ILS antennas are not aligned to the runway centerline, either by design or mistake. That can be determined by looking at the AFCAD/ADE, or by trying different ILS and see if the problem is everywhere or just at one location. scott s..
Precisely, Scott. Which is why I think his problem is not aircraft related. Regards Tristan

There have already been some good responses and advice here (eg Speedbird 2001 and Scott 967) but you do not seem to have responded so far. May I clarify (and in some cases repeat) the following: Do you have the ASE weather engine? If so, sometimes extended wake turbulence can do this on finals from other AI traffic. You can address this by setting wake turb to 0 in ASE.What does 'wierd and crappy ' mean?If it is not this - do all aircraft do this and at every airport, addon or default? Or is it only the Wilco A320 and only at certain airports? If so which ones? - I have both Wilco and Airsimmer and whatever their perceived shortcomings may be, they both align to ILS vectors faultlessly, so this is definitely not a discussion about which Airbus is better. If it is only the Wilco that does this at every airport then it is probably is not a scenery problem - maybe try clean reinstalling Wilco with latest version. If it is a basic FS problem, depends on what it is, but in my experience you may be looking at a reinstall from scratch. You need to determine if it is a specific scenery (AFCAD or bgl file?) or your installation of the Wilco Airbus. If it is the Wilco Vol 1 do you have the latest version, I think it was 1.6? Do you have Evo? Did it work before EvoAnother thing is are you keeping to the appropriate speeds on finals? Without this info and without you doing some thorough tests on your rig and feeding back, it will be difficult for anyone to help you further. Hope this helps. Regards, Ray

OKAY STOP TRYING TO MAKE ME LOOK STUPID CAUSE THAT'S WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE ALL TRYING TO DO! CLEARLY I DISNT PHRASE MYSELF PROPERLY. I had no winds or anything cause I did several test flights. The problem is on short final the aircraft will bank 5 degrees to the left and won't centre and when I disengage autopilot still nothing happens. Even if I turn of the flight assisting computers it will stay in a 5 degree bank. It does this between 1000-700ft. It just wants to roll left even if their isn't any winds or bad weather etc. And no matter what I do it won't get back leveled. This happened at Toronto Pearson, Seattle Tacoma, Ottawa, and Laguardia as they are the only airports I have tested this aircraft at. PLEASE STOP MAKING ME FEEL LIKE A RETARD

Wow, please relax. Everyone here is trying to help you.If the aircraft remains in a 5 degree bank in both manual and automatic flight then it sounds like a corrupt install. The product has been out for years running on many systems so the issue has to be specific to your setup.Perhaps screenshots or a video would help so we can see what the FMA is saying on your PFD.Btw regarding the Airsimmer A320, no I don't know what you mean by 'get it' and hope you are not referring to pirate software.Regards

Rob Prest