Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

Opencockpit MCP with PMDX 737NGX READY

@roarkrThanks for these scripts your a star i've ordered my prebuild mcp with white digits thanks very much.

I get a error with fsuipc.I get a green bar in FSX with the following in red: 66C2 and 66C0And my MCP stays totaly black.

Mine works OK, but I find that I have to turn my switches for HDG, SPD etc a bit slower so that they roll over properly. Too quick and its like they miss a few beats. Maybe its something to do with the inetraction between the MCP, FSUIPC and FSX?Thanks for the great work though, makes a huge difference.

David Porrett

Mine works OK, but I find that I have to turn my switches for HDG, SPD etc a bit slower so that they roll over properly. Too quick and its like they miss a few beats. Maybe its something to do with the inetraction between the MCP, FSUIPC and FSX?Thanks for the great work though, makes a huge difference.
I get the same in Fs2004. There is a way to fix this in SIOC I believe.

But I cant get it to work. I followed all the steps and made use of the ready .ssiBut at step 3 someting goes different.3) Copy PMDGNGX_1.lua to your FSXModules folder and overwrite the old file( first take a backup)There isnt a file to backup. No old file.When I start FSX i get a green bar with: 66C2 and 66C0 in it. And also the FSUIPC errorlog opens itself.SOIC doesnt report any error at all.. And im using 4.01 for SOIC.FSUIPC is running 4.6What goes wrong and can someone help me out?

MiSpA:The info in FSX about the the FSUIPC offsets 66C2 and 66C0 are just for testing purpose.They can be used to monitor the offsets for the course and altitude windows to test id fsuipc is receiving the same from the PMDGNGX. I used them to test that I had communication between my hardware- sioc- fsuipc- ngx in an early testing phase.IF you don't have any values behind those offsets when you are turning the course or altitude dials then you have something wrong in your setup.Can you read any values there?Those can be deleted by editing the fsuipc.ini file like this after initial test of your setup:1) Open your fsuipc.ini file in ...fsx folder/modules2) Delete the text [Monitor]Monitor0=0,66C0,3,0Display=2Monitor1=0,66C2,3,0save fileBut, they can be used to monitor the offsets for course and altitude windows to test id fsuipc is receiving the same from the PMDGNGX. I they don't you have a problem.What does the fsuipc errorlog says. In order to help you , please show me your errorlog.rgs

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

The OPENCOCKPITS EFIS SIOC textfile for PMDGNGX can now be downloaded from:: https://docs.google....VmNjI1&hl=en_USAgain, as my sioc textfile is developed for my selfbuilt EFIS and not the P&P EFIS from Opencockpits, you have tochange the input numbers from mine to the P&P EFIS input number for the different buttons, knobs.This is what you do have to do:1) Download the textfile: " PMDGNGX_OPENCOCPITS_EFIS-rev1.txt2. Download the new LUA file: PMDGNGX_OPENCOCKPITS_EFIS_rev1.lua. Save it to the fsx folder/Modules.3) Edit the the textfile above so the input numbers match your hardware4) Compile a new .ssi script file based on the edited textfile with config.sioc5) Save the file in the folder were you have your sioc script files6) Edit you sioc.ini file so it loads the new .ssi file when SIOC is started.6) Add the text PMDGNGX_OPENCOCKPITS_EFIS_rev1.lua to under AUTO in you fsuipc.ini fileThe EFIS sioc script doesn not use any keypcodes configured in PMDGNGX, it uses only Lvar and ipccontrols directely to The NGX.A new and updated MCP SIOC script without needs for keycodes will be ready later, after scripts for the Opencockpits COMM and NAV panels.As I actually will board a REAL B737NG 800 WL to Dubai this week those new scripts will not be ready until beginning of December.Hopefully the SDK has arrived before that so maybe someone can make these scripts ready earlier.rgs

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

I get the same in Fs2004. There is a way to fix this in SIOC I believe.
Any idea how?

David Porrett

Ahhh I'd suggest just put up with it for now. As I understand it we're using hotkeys to 'turn the knobs' which involves a bit of lag and that gets in the way.Roar is fundamentally changing the handling......." A new and updated MCP SIOC script without needs for keycodes will be ready later, after scripts for the Opencockpits COMM and NAV panels." - Roar above.Should resolve the issue.

OK, thanks, I'll wait and see what Roar comes up with.

David Porrett

MiSpA:The info in FSX about the the FSUIPC offsets 66C2 and 66C0 are just for testing purpose.They can be used to monitor the offsets for the course and altitude windows to test id fsuipc is receiving the same from the PMDGNGX. I used them to test that I had communication between my hardware- sioc- fsuipc- ngx in an early testing phase.IF you don't have any values behind those offsets when you are turning the course or altitude dials then you have something wrong in your setup.Can you read any values there?Those can be deleted by editing the fsuipc.ini file like this after initial test of your setup:1) Open your fsuipc.ini file in ...fsx folder/modules2) Delete the text[Monitor]Monitor0=0,66C0,3,0Display=2Monitor1=0,66C2,3,0save fileBut, they can be used to monitor the offsets for course and altitude windows to test id fsuipc is receiving the same from the PMDGNGX. I they don't you have a problem.What does the fsuipc errorlog says. In order to help you , please show me your errorlog.rgs
Hello,It says:[Monitor]Monitor0=0,66C0,3,0 = 0Display=2Monitor1=0,66C2,3,0 = 100You mentioned that you put online a OC Ready Build MCP config. I used that one because I have a OC Ready Build MCP with white digits.You also telling to check the in and output values.As far as I think im watching the right in and outputs, the values are the same as are used for the default config that works with the default airplanes.The log of fsuipc doesn't seems to log anything when I push a button on the mcp. :-) (It does log keyboard and Yoke inputs though.)Does someone has it working with the ready build OC MCP and want to share the files with me?I just cant get it to work.Greets Micha

Many thanks roarkr, it works great!!!To MiSpa:I had some problems to do it work but with two changes in sioc.ini file it worked:- First I changed the number of deviced as roarkr says:[MASTERS]MASTER=0,5,1,51[Note: change the number 28 into the Device number of your USB expansion card, see SIOC main window, devices]Mine is nº 51 so I changed it, but eventhough it didn't work- Second I changed the second number (In roarkr script he put a 4) and I changed it by a 5, that I know it means the type: MCP Opencockpits.Try it, perhaps it works to you too.Of course, be sure you changed the path in sioc.ini file to find the script, in my case it isCONFIG_FILE=C:\Program Files (x86)\IOCards\SIOC\mcp_pmdgngx_1.ssi

Hi Guys,First, thanks to Roar for his scripts.I'm completely news to SIOC (just received my MCP and EFIS from OpenCockpits), so sorry if I ask stupid questions.I was able to have my MCP working (P&P version), but I just have one major issue. I unserstand that I have to turn the rotary knobs slowly and I have a good result with course(both), speed, altitude and vert speed selectors. But it's absolutely terrible with heading. Decreasing the heading is ok, but increasing is just a nightmare. A full rotation of the knob (turning very slowly) just increase the heading by 3... In fact, it seems that only a part of the rotation gives results, not every "step" increase the heading. It is not a physical problem with the rotary as both the test program and the SIOC Monitor gives good results. Anyone had the same problem and found a solution?Also, was anyone able to have the EFIS working? Would it be possible to someone to give me a little more details on how to have it working? Here's what I did so far, but it still does not work:- Dowloaded both TXT and LUA files. Put the LUA file in the MODULES folder and the TXT in the SIOC Folder.- Edited the TXT file to refelct the Inputs, found them with the SIOC Monitor program (but how do I know the Joystick #?).- Compiled both TXT (MCP+EFIS) using SIOC config to create a new SSI.Note that I had to remove one variable definition (var0037) from the EFIS TXT because the same difinition exists in the MCP TXT. Is that correct?- Modified the SIOC.INI file to have my new SSI used and added a second MASTER line (SIOC detects the MCP as IDX 0 and EFIS as IDX 1)- Modified the FSUIPC.INI file to have both LUA files used: [Auto] 1=Lua PMDGNGX_1 2=Lua PMDGNGX_OPENCOCKPITS_EFIS_rev1 and lower in the file: [LuaFiles] 1=PMDGNGX_1 2=PMDGNGX_OPENCOCKPITS_EFIS_rev1Is there something wrong I did?Thanks a lot for your support.Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert

is there any chance that this lua script can work with saitek MCP