Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

Opencockpit MCP with PMDX 737NGX READY

Ok, I found something. When I turn the heading selector, it appears that FSUIPC sometimes receive the Heading command and sometimes the Bank selector command. How can I select bank/heading on the mcp?Thanks,Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert

I fixed my problem with the heading selection on the MCP. For those who have the same problem or are interrested, I just removed the lines regarding the bank selector in the [buttons] section (From the "!7=" line to the "82=" line) in the FSUIPC.INI file. Heading selection know works like the other selectors.

Edited by Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert

FabriceI guess you have ordered the christmas special from OC, am i right?I have ordered the same on the 27th of dec but my status remains processing. If you did get the same special can you tell me how long it took to arrive at your doorstep?Thanks for explaining your progress in this thread. I will be setting up the mcp/efis also to work with pmdg's 737NGX

I am also considering ordering the Christmas special since it has been extended for a couple of weeks. However I am still a little concerned about getting it running with Win 7 64 and the s/w changes required. I also want to know the shipping costs to Seattle. I have the Aerosoft MCP with EFIS and EECS with drivers for the PMDG 747-400. But there are no drivers for the 737 and it appears there may not be any.The OC system looks good but just need to make sure it is going to work.Tom HIbben

I am also considering ordering the Christmas special since it has been extended for a couple of weeks. However I am still a little concerned about getting it running with Win 7 64 and the s/w changes required. I also want to know the shipping costs to Seattle. I have the Aerosoft MCP with EFIS and EECS with drivers for the PMDG 747-400. But there are no drivers for the 737 and it appears there may not be any.The OC system looks good but just need to make sure it is going to work.Tom HIbben
hi,the oc will work with the ngx if you follow the guiding in this thread.I am working on a new and better sioc-fsuipc software solution at the moment . Hope to have it ready soon.

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

Hi Guys,Yes, I ordered the Christmas special. Ordered on Dec. 14th, received on Jan. 3rd (it was shipped on Dec 29th and was supposed to be delivered on the 30th, but as I live countryside, deliveries are not made daily... :-S). The reason why it took so long is because Opencockpits had a lot of success with this offer and could not produce enough units to fill the demand.Tom, I also run Win 7 64, and I don't think the issues I have are OS related.

Edited by Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert

I'm still unable to have the EFIS working. What's strange is that I cannot see any bit changing when using the IOCPConsole. I know that my EFIS is working as it works with the SIOC monitor... Don't know what to do now. Any advice is welcome.

Fabrice Lambert

Hi Guys,Yes, I ordered the Christmas special. Ordered on Dec. 14th, received on Jan. 3rd (it was shipped on Dec 29th and was supposed to be delivered on the 30th, but as I live countryside, deliveries are not made daily... :-S). The reason why it took so long is because Opencockpits had a lot of success with this offer and could not produce enough units to fill the demand.Tom, I also run Win 7 64, and I don't think the issues I have are OS related.
I have received confirmation from OC that they do indeed haver supply problems and that delivery of the units will take a little longer.Thanks for your reply.Let me know if you have the EFIS fixed :(

Hi AllI do have my OC P&P EFIS working (in W7 x64). Like the MCP I've translated roarkr's SIOC code to suit the Plug and Play OC Input numbers.It works .... mostly. I haven't got the MINIMUMS and BARO changes going back to FSX (roarkr ??? how does that work ??) but the rest is working and should get you guys started. Also I haven't yet got BOTH FMC and EFIS working together, that's my project for today, I was just trying to get the EFIS working with the NGX alone first. And I wouldn't have posted this half baked effort here yet, except that you Open Cockpits new chums arrived and I do understand the desire to 'see it work'.So here's my OC P&P EFIS SIOC

Hi John,Thanks. I tried you script (which is almost the same as mine) but still no luck. I don't think my problem comes from the SIOC script itself, it seems that I have no link between my EFIS and SIOC. When I go in the IOCP console, I cannot see any variable and no bit changing when pressing buttons or turning knobs. Any idea why? Can you share your SIOC.ini with me? Thanks a lot.EDIT: Correction, it seems to work with your script! Will investigate further Thanks a lot John!

Edited by Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert

Hi All,I'm continuing to learn how SIOC and FSUIPC work together.I was able to have a single script for both the MCP and EFIS (Thanks again to Roar and John). I had to remove some functions from the original scripts (ALT INTV, BANK, etc.) to have it working but it works well. I have two things not working for now and hope you can help:- BARO and MINS: I did some testing with BARO, trying to be able to change the QNH, without much success. I tried to use FSUIPC offset $0330. It works with the default 737, but not with the NGX. From the console, I see that the valus is changed when I turn the knob, but it is immediately replaced by the previous value. Seems the NGX uses another offset wich overwrite my changes... For MINS, I could not find the offset.- ALT INTV: I would like to program the ALT HLD button to act as ALT INTV when pressed twice (double-click) but was not able to find any example on the internet. Maybe someone have one?If someone can help, it would be greately appreciated.Thanks a lot,Fabrice

Edited by Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert