Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

Opencockpit MCP with PMDX 737NGX READY

Hi FabriceCan't help with the MINS and BARO yet, battling with that myself too, the STD button is working but not dialing in QNHAs to the ALT INTV dbleclick to overcome the missing button on our P&P MCP , yes that can work and I've seen code to do it on the OC site someplace I've lost temporarilyBut there's a better solution if you can use a soldering iron. Our rotary encoders DO have a pushbutton function built in, it's just not wired up, check this link..http://www.lekseecon.nl/mcp.html

Hi John,I've seen this, but I hesitate. I'm afraid to loose the warranty on the P&P MCP. Also, it seems that there are no free inputs that can be used for this, the guy from Lekseecon used an external I/O card... I will check the OC site and try to find the example on the double-click.Thanks,Fabrice

Edited by Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert

I fixed my problem with the heading selection on the MCP. For those who have the same problem or are interrested, I just removed the lines regarding the bank selector in the [buttons] section (From the "!7=" line to the "82=" line) in the FSUIPC.INI file. Heading selection know works like the other selectors.
Hi Fabrice,deleting the lines you said the Heading rotary works much better!!Many ThanksAHS334A

Hi roarkr,I've sent you a message, could you read and answer when you get 5minutes please?CheersJosh

Oke just received the OC MCP+EFIS combo today and followed the instruction as per this threadBut no luck sofar getting the MCP to work with PMDG 737NGX (haven't tried the default 737 btw,might be an option but first ask your helpStarted with the OC MCP Test and that worked ok. All digits zero's and all led's on and also able to dim (learned already from this my device id =55)Created a directory D:FSXProgam Files(x86)IOCardsAUTOCONFIG as per install proc OC, here is where my SIOC sits)Downloaded all files from Roark's sideInstalled 737NGX_Shortcuts into d:FSxPMDGPMDG 737NGXInstalled FSUIPC4.ini into D:FSX|ModulesInstalled PMDGNGX_1.LUA into D:FSxModulesInstalled MCP_PMDGNGX_pp_01.ssi into D:FSxProgram Files(x86)IOCardsAutoconfigInstalled MCP_PMSGNGX_PP_01.txt into D:FSxProgram Files(x86)IOCardsAutoconfigChanged SIOC.ini toConfig_File=d:fsxprogram files(x86)IOCardsAutoconfigMCP_PMDGNGX_PP_01.ssiChanged Master toMaster=0,5,1,55& (5 as per previous msg in this thread for prebuilt OC MCP and 55 as deviceid)Start FSX with PMSG 737NGx cold and dark on apron EHRD. (black OC MCP but numbers in VC's MCP)Two green lines readIPC:66C0 (U16) =0IPC:66C2 (U16) = 100No change on turning heading or altSwitch on batt.; Digits in VC turn blackSwitch on APU and after APU on switch on elec from APU:VC MCP digits on but OC MCP remains darkI also see a FSUIPC console log come up under FSx but can't access it and don't know where to find this logThis looks very much like the report by MisPA.Anyone that can point me out what i am doing wong (i know this is user error but i cant find my own failure somehow)One more relevant input. The sioc window shows:device:IDX=0 -IOCardMCP device= 55Iocard device ver 4:0 status = runningFSUIPC status: OKFSUIPC version= 4.751aSimulator= FSxIOCP Server Hostadress= 192.168.178.22 (= adress of fsx pc where iocp is running also for the moment)Port:8092 clients connected: 0IOCP Client Module 0. Hostadress: LOCALHOST Port:8099 status:active- Not connectedIOCP Client Module 1. Hostadress: LOCALHOST Port:8092 status:DisabledThe log shows it is correctly loading the D:FSxProgram Files(x86)IOCardsAutoconfigMCP_PMDGNGX_pp_01.ssiIf i start the sioc monitor from this window i can turn on lights but they automatically turn off after appr. 5 seconds. Inputs are recognized as long as the digits are on

Edited by killerbee1958

Continuing the debug. :Money Eyes:Reconfigured sioc to work with default b737 from fsx.The mcp comes on and for 5 seconds i am able to operate the mcp and the corresponding switches in the vc mcp flip. (so interface sioc-->fsuipc--->fsx works)However after 5 seconds the digits turn off again and no switch operated on the fysical mcp turn on the corresponding vc mcp. If i do a reload in sioc it works for 5 seconds again.I am powering the mcp from a powered usb hub but i can imagine this is a 5v powerproblem, Anyone having hints?I'll go over to the OC fora and make it work with default 737 first and then come back here.(feel however free to give me tips here, i will continue monitoring this thread also)Just to keep you posted.I thought i was working of a powered usb hun but i wasn't. Strange enough when i do supply the 5v DC to the hub the MCP is not recognized in iocp anymore.Looking for a 5v powersupply with a 3,5 mm jack now.But in the mean time switched the mcp to a internal usb port and now the mcp stays on (device id changed to 59).Seems to be working now with default 737 from fsxUpdate 7:MCP works fine with default 737 from fsx (did testflight ehrd to eham and all behaviour as expected) BTW what a turn off the default 737 is when you are used to the ngx. :sad:So back to ngxchanged the sioc ini to read device id =59start ngx (see above)start sioc (see above)mcp stays blank. NGX VC mcp does not react on OC mcp inputs but sioc monitors shows the switches and dials work.Checked LUA file in d:fsxmodules and fsuipc4.dll but all look finewhere to go next?

Edited by killerbee1958

Fred and MartinHello, yes getting the setup correct in SIOC.INI for device number etc can be a bit tricky and frustrating , changing the USB port will change the device number, or does for me.Get it working with default FSX aircraft using the basic SIOC_MCP_fsx1 script first before trying 3rd party add on aircraft especially the NGX.When you are ready to start testing with the NGX just start with the push buttons on the MCP and get some response from them before trying to sort out the rotary encoders and numbers, they are more complex and until the NGX SDK finally arrives we're sort of hacking our way to get them to work with FSUIPC mouse macros and such. I also think roarkr's mouse macros stopped working with the NGX Sp1 update and need a re-do in FSUIPC. Roar had also said he was going rewrite the MCP script again using the same event driven methodology as he had done with the EFIS which will work better again, but we haven't heard from him for a week or two.

Hello John,Got the mcp working with default b737. Indeed deviceid changed but that i managed.As mentioned i can see the buttons/switches and rotaries change value in sioc monitor but there isn't any reaction within the NGX.I have sp1 applied so i guess this is where the problem lies.I will try to understand the relationship between ssi,txt and lua files and see if i can work out how this is supposed to work.Off course if roark would develop a working lua and ssi for sp1 that would be marvelous. But guess this is where i knew i would be faced with when starting my home cockpit build so off to dive into the deep. :(

Hi FredI can help a little there .... regarding the SIOC files a .ssi is just a compiled .txt , I tend to just use them as .txt . My SIOC.INI line is like " CONFIG_FILE=.ScriptsSIOC MCP fsx1.txt " the txt file will be compiled on the fly when SIOC is run, into the compiled .ssi. Calling a compiled .ssi rather than a .txt just and only saves a 1/2 second or so to compile it as SIOC loads no effect beyond that.Learning how to create FSUIPC mouse macros to replace roar's would solve turning the rotaries again, but as that was a 'not great' work around, I've been trying to work up a lua event driven version. Lua is new to me so thats taking some time but I think it's the way to go.

John,didn't have much time tonight to debug but first tried to switch to the txt file so in sioc ini changed line to readconfig fiel=d:fsxprogram files(x86)iocardautoconfigmcp_pmdgngx_pp_01.txt (in fact only changed ssi to txt, the txt file and ssi are in the dir)On start of sioc it fails to find the txt file (weird, should i start something else when using a txt file??)However i compared the txt and the ssi and they look pretty much the same (did not do a compare one on one but header etc is exactly the same) so went back to ssiSo i start sioc and it correctly reads the ssi and all looks good from siocI start sioc monitor and i can see that if i press the N1 switch on the OC MCP Digital input number 32 turns green (and off again on release of the switch)Since the ssi readsVAR0001,Link IOCARD_SW,Input 32, Type P //O&C PP&FO_Joystick64=Changebit 0,V0001 //toggle N1 in MCP via FSUIPCi believe i can safely assume hardware and sioc are doing there thing (pressing switch N1 toggles input nbr 32).So next action should be to parse this changed bit to FSx.I am new to this but i believe this is where LUA comes in.LUA script PMDGNX_1 is called in fsuipc4.inithe LUA script has the following statementmcpnil = ipc.readlvar("MCP_NGX_N1") if mcpnil ~= prevmcp then ipc.writeUW("66CF" , mcpnil) prevmcpnil = mcpnilNow since i have the green line in fsx with the 66c0 and 66c2 which do not change when rotating the alt or heading rotaries i am getting the feeling that the link between sioc output and lua input is somehow missing.But i have no clue how the changedbit 32 is read by LUA.Can you (or anyone else) point me at some reading i should do to try to understand this?thanks in advance

Oke succes to report.Changed the sioc ini line to read config file=.MPC_PMDGNGX_PP_01.txtGuess what it works.Sioc start will read the txt file. compile it and the mcp will operate the corresponding switches AND DIALS of the VC MCP.Too late now for a simpel testflight but this is looking promising. (so the sp1 did not break the code, somehow something is wrong in the ssi that is right in the txt)more to investigate in the weekend. (Although the SDK is around the corner i am beginning to like it to understand this)

HiI must be idiot:) i have ngx sp1b mcp is connected to sioc well when i open sioc monitor its responding to changes on mcp. sioc says fsuipc: ok script is loaded fsx running but the mcp panel is blank. What is wrong?Thank you

Edited by sekos

Sekos. Looks like a failure of the sript that sioc is loading or a missing 737ngx key file.did you perform the installation exactly as roark pointed out?BTW: I have the MCP working but it isn't really workable. As mentioned before the dials need to be turned slowly or the digits start lagging.I also noticed strange behaviour on the four flights i did with the mcp on 737NGx.My pitch inverted (green line on top, so something with FSUIPC)on two fligths the A/P suddenly disconnected and i had to disconnect the A/P in the VC but couldn't get it back onMy space+ scroll got screwed up onceI use Voxatc and i have the left ctlr key as key to speak set up but when turning dials i can hear the key to speak being pushed and voxact react.On cat III autoland (eham 06) cmd b press on OC MCP activated the CMD b but the green light did not come on on the OC MCP (did in the VC MCP)Have received a sioc script for mcp and efis but haven't yet started on activating the efis as i wanted to be sure the mcp was operating properly before advancingFor now i guess i have to wait for the SDK to arrive.In the meantime i will learn sioc and lua and maybe understand why above symptoms occur but i will also try the mcp/eifs with the ifly 737. (I hope this not taken as an offence, i still am a true fan of the pmdg 737NGx and i really hope i can make my home cockpit work with the beautifull piece of software by pmdg)