Sign in to follow this  
roarkr

Opencockpit MCP with PMDX 737NGX READY

Thanks John, always worth a try but to no avail I'm afraid.It has got to be something really silly that is preventing these modules from working.I am going to start from the ground up and check all the basics first - all the connections and power feeds. Swap them around and then start up again. If I can eliminate power sources and usb connections then it must be something to do with software/programming.

Hi all.I have checked and re-checked all connections. I have re-installed both SIOC and FSUIPC. I have also transfered FSX to the CProgram Files (x86) location after reading up on the FSUPIC installation that this is the recommended location. The old FSX location on just C has been deleted. FSX and the NGX run fine.All Lua and .ssi files have been re-installed and the sioc and fsuipc.ini files updated accordingly.The MCP and EFIS still refuse to work for me.Any further suggestions will be most welcome.

Gary,Just to be sure, did you try the advice of John to attach the mcp and efis directly to a motherboard usb port?I had problems running my mcp/efis even if attached through a powered hub.Since i have them attached directly to motherboard usb ports they workI guess you tried this but just to be sure

hiif you send me a copy of your modules and sioc folders I can look into this to help you. PM me with the zipped folders including all files.I asume you have the ssi files in your sioc folder and the lua scripts in the modules folder. remeber to zip the complete folders with all files in themrgs

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

..... and Gary, you have had the MCP and EFIS working with the default FSX 738 haven't you ?Roar, could this be a FSX + Acceleration rather than FSX + Sp2 issue ? As in possibly different memory addresses being used or something, but if that were the case Fsuipc would be breaking all over the place. (Just to defeat my own arguement before you do :) )Has anyone else browsing this thread got the MCP and or EFIS working in a FSX Acceleration type install ?

Hi John,I have only had the MCP working with the default 737 as to be honest, I wasn't sure how to use the EFIS along side it. The MCP was working fine though.Roar, I have PM'd you.

Hi all,I would like to say thanks to all who helped me with OC specialy say thanks to Roakr and Crankpin. Today I made a test fly and everything were working fine.ThanksMichal

I think I am going to be a really happy chappy later today.A big thank you to Roar.I sent Roar my sioc.ini and fsuipc.ini files for him to study. He came back to me saying he had found faults in the sioc.ini file and sent me the correct one. I copied that into my SIOC folder, fired up FSX and then SIOC and I had all my digits light up on the MCP. Things were looking good.I loaded up the NGX and hey presto, I can now control the NGX MCP from my OC MCP. Not only that but the OC EFIS module also works the NGX EFIS too.I have yet to fly with them and use them in conjuntion with the FMC but I will plan a flight later today (once the good lady gives me a bit of time) and let you know how I get on.Thanks again for all that have shown an interest in sorting out my plight especially to Roar, Fred and John.Fingers crossed and I will post an update after my flight later.Regards

Edited by bussgarfield

Guys,Played safe as I am quite new to all this hands off and automated flying by doing PMDG's tutorial from EGKK - EHAM.PERFECTEvery button and encoder works in both the MCP and EFIS and I have had a more relaxed flight without having to keep changing views and using the mouse.Roar - excellent stuff mate and thank you.Whats next - FMC, VHF and NAV radios or TCAS ???Regards to all - now off to have another play !!

HI gARY,Good to know you have been able to get if tixed.Still wonder what it rhink we used mine sioc.ini before as a debug option.Anyway, enjoy your flying with hardware mcp and efis.

:( :('Perfection abounds' Gary, great stuff.Like Fred though, I'm intrigued as to what it was.....

Hi,I've been working with the first version of the script and lua file (MCP_PMDGNGX_1.ssi and PMDGNGX_1.lua) and recently I updated with the latest version that roark published NGXMCP_PP_2.02.ssI and NGXMCP_202.lua. I have two problems and I don't know if someone else have the same problem or I installed something wrong:- When I start the fly and the NGX begins it 'System Initiallization' in Cold & Dark the Captain FD becomes from OFF to ON, so I have to turn it off again. - The second problem is the VS wheel works inverted, when I turn to DN position the vertical spped goes up and when I turn to UP position the vertical speed goes to down.I don´t have the EFIS, I only have the MCP.I've beend reading the post but didn't read nobody have reported these issues. They are not big problems but appreciate some helps.ThanksAlberto Sánchez

Edited by AHS334A

Hi Alberto.As you can gather by all my posts here, I am not the one to try and give you any advice on sioc but in relation to the the Captains FD - When I start up the NGX, whether cold and dark or running, the FD is always in the on position. A quick flick on the OC MCP resets it. I can live with that. It may just be a quirk with the NGX.In relation to the VS wheel, I do remember reading somewhere in this thread that someone else also had that problem but If I recall, the latest .ssi and lua had been fixed by Roar to combat that problem - I may be wrong.Fred and John, I wish I knew. I uninstalled both SIOC and FSUIPC and re-installed and the problem still persisted. I sent Roar the sioc and fsuipc .ini folders and it was the sioc.ini that was the problem. The .ini that he sent back to me was literally bare bones so there was obviously an entry in mine that caused a conflict some where.If Roar reads this then he may be able to expand on exactly what the problem was.