Sign in to follow this  
bjratchf

Brighter Landing Lights

Is there a way to edit the mode's landing lights to make them brighter? I somehow think that their intensity has decreased since the latest hotfix came out. Maybe I'm wrong? -Brendan

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Please use your full name in your posts per AVSIM Policy. Thanks

The OP is posting in the PMDG forums....And my landing lights didn't change after installing hotfix 4.

They might have been adjusted or not, nevertheless it has been pointed out in past threads that actual light intensity is probably less than what most would expect. And just adjusting them to make them brighter would probably make not much sense, at least if you mean 'brighter' = go farther. Cause then the polys would need adjustment, and that's something you can definately not do. sig.gif

Is there a way to edit the mode's landing lights to make them brighter? I somehow think that their intensity has decreased since the latest hotfix came out. Maybe I'm wrong? -Brendan
Check these out Brandon http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/shockwavelights/ shockwave light settinglight.2 = 5, 4.50, -8.24, 0.32, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow.fx // Shockwave lightlight.3 = 5, 4.50, 8.16, 0.30, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow.fx // Shockwave lightlight.4 = 6, 42.60, 0.00, -5.45, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small.FX // Shockwave lightlight.5 = 5, 5.70, 3.65, -3.80, fx_shockwave_landing_light // Shockwave lightlight.6 = 5, 5.70, -3.65, -3.80, fx_shockwave_landing_light // Shockwave lightor800 WINGLETSlight.2 = 5, 5.500, 8.1, .400, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Right Inboard Landing Lightlight.3 = 5, 5.500, -8.1, .400, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Left Inboard Landing Lightlight.4 = 5, 6.500, -3.7, -3.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Bottom Left Landing Lightlight.5 = 5, 6.500, 3.7, -3.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Bottom Right Landing Lightlight.6 = 6, 43.0, 0.0, -5.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,//Taxi

John C

The OP is posting in the PMDG forums....And my landing lights didn't change after installing hotfix 4.
They might have been adjusted or not, nevertheless it has been pointed out in past threads that actual light intensity is probably less than what most would expect. And just adjusting them to make them brighter would probably make not much sense, at least if you mean 'brighter' = go farther. Cause then the polys would need adjustment, and that's something you can definately not do. sig.gif
Check these out Brandon http://www.a2asimula...hockwavelights/ shockwave light setting light.2 = 5, 4.50, -8.24, 0.32, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow.fx // Shockwave lightlight.3 = 5, 4.50, 8.16, 0.30, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow.fx // Shockwave lightlight.4 = 6, 42.60, 0.00, -5.45, fx_shockwave_landing_light_small.FX // Shockwave lightlight.5 = 5, 5.70, 3.65, -3.80, fx_shockwave_landing_light // Shockwave lightlight.6 = 5, 5.70, -3.65, -3.80, fx_shockwave_landing_light // Shockwave light or 800 WINGLETS light.2 = 5, 5.500, 8.1, .400, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Right Inboard Landing Lightlight.3 = 5, 5.500, -8.1, .400, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Left Inboard Landing Lightlight.4 = 5, 6.500, -3.7, -3.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Bottom Left Landing Lightlight.5 = 5, 6.500, 3.7, -3.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,// Bottom Right Landing Lightlight.6 = 6, 43.0, 0.0, -5.700, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow,//Taxi
Many thanks guys- Perhaps they weren't adjusted, but I do somehow remember them being more "intense"- such as in this video posted by Phil http://forum.avsim.net/topic/350548-delivery-flights-video/ That might be post-production though. I do know that PMDG doesn't use the traditional "spotlight.bmp" we're all used to tweaking, and that the runway textures sometimes show different colors through the glow of the landing light - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/342871-strange-pixelated-grass/page__hl__grass+__fromsearch__1

Ok, it looks like "visually," the brightness is dependent on the textures the light is shining on. I just loaded some new ground textures from REX, and it appears the light is a lot brighter. Go figure!

Yes, also true. Guess they're not having a simply opacity channel for the lights but rather a specific blend mode. Hence it interacts with the underlying texture. If that makes any sense. Hypnotized.gifsig.gif

Mine look the same as they always have and I've run every hotfix version. "HF4" now..

Is that an AVSim rule now? I thought it was only a PMDG rule
It's an AVSIM rule as well as a PMDG rule. Most users simply put their name in their signature to comply, or some (like me) put it as your user name. It's all personal preference. An excerpt from the Terms of Use:
1.) Your user ID (Nickname) can be your choice, but you must provide your REAL FULL First and Last Name. Any accounts that do not have a real full first and last name provided will be removed. Note: Your username cannot be changed once you register, so please be careful when deciding on that. If you want to change your username, you will need to contact the forum admin to remove your account.
http://forum.avsim.net/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Hi HAmmer32261,Regarding the shockwave lights,Could you explain where you set these lights tuning and to which aircraft correspond each lights set?Thanks.Patrice.

Patrice Dubois

I know this is just my opinion, but as cool as Shockwave lights are, they make it look like the dewpoint is 98% all the time. The only time you see light cones like that is if there's something to light up in that cone (smoke, smog, evaporated water, and the like). It's autumn here in the States, which means it's getting cooler and there's generally less humidity out there. If I walk outside and look at the arrivals into Dulles, there's no way I'm going to see an effect like that. It's cool, like I said, so don't get me wrong, but it's far from realistic, unless the weather is poor/hazy/rainy/whatever. ...and to answer the topic question. I think they're fine.

Kyle Rodgers

@ Braden/Brendan You are really living in EDTF? I'm studying and have a flat there (Well actually I'm right now for one semester in Aberdeen, Scotland as an Erasmus Student). But I will be back in Freiburg in February! "Auf gehts Freiburg schieß ein Tor,...." tongue.png

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.