Sign in to follow this  
TrevorS

New flight dynamics for the PSS B757-200

For those of you who are interested in an accurate set of flight dynamics for the 757- I've uploaded a revised set of FD for the PSS 757 - file name "pss_757_modified_fd2.zip. This is a revision of my version1. I use the QW model (payware) with the PSS panel (payware) and my revision of the original PSS flight dynamics - a wonderful combination. These FD are more accurate than those of QW and also those of CS for FS2004. I've totally reworked the thrust settings and pitch attitudes bringing the FD in line with the figures given in the official 757 FCOM. Enjoy. Trevor

Oh that again looks great Trevor.i flew a lot of miles in your last versionbut I will certainly enjoy this version too!Thanks for sharing im%20Not%20Worthy.gif JP.

I use the QW model (payware) with the PSS panel (payware) and my revision of the original PSS flight dynamics - a wonderful combination. These FD are more accurate than those of QW and also those of CS for FS2004.
Are there any modifications needed for using the PSS panel to work with QW model ? I downloaded your new file and there are only aircraft.cfgs and FDEs. Oh and is the VC merge possible? Thanks!

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

When I add Trevor's files and the PSS panel to my QW model and start a flight, I get a 757 with flaps and spoilers fully deployed and no rear landing gear. There's either something in the .air file, .cfg file, or panel that tells QW something isn't right and not too load correctly. I think my QW 757 looks better with the PSS panel. Unfortunately, I can't fly it without additional mods. Trevor is there something else I should do to make this merge work? Thanks for your time and help, Mike

Mike Franks

Hi Mike I made this addition to the PSS panel.cfg file. In Window 00, add the following entry: gaugeXX=Qw757!Server, 1,1,1,1 // (I think it is about gauge #28 or so). Just to confirm: - you must use the PSS .air file and aircraft.cfg file which I edited- you must use the PSS panel with the above addition to Window 00- you must use the QW CONTACT POINTS and LIGHTS sections in the aircraft.cfg file (my edited file is set correctly for the QW model) Let me know if this helps Trevor

ThanksTrev! That did the job. Now, the real test, I'm going to fly from EGLL to LFMN. Just from the test flight, I liked the mods you made. She handles a lot better. The only issue I'm having is with the sound. I think I figured it out. I had two sound folders named "sound.rr" (one in the main PSS folder and one in the aircraft folder), so, when landing I get the call outs in stereo. I removed the PSS sound folder and will try just the QW sound folder. I'm pretty sure that'll fix my problem. Thank you, Mike

Mike Franks

I think those call-outs are linked to the "Qw757!Server" gauge and you're not going to get rid of them. If you do, let us know. Trevor

Trevor, I really like the changes you made to the FDE. It's enjoyable to fly. I think I'm going to try your mod with just the PSS 757. I like the way the QW's model looks, but I hate the dual call outs. Thanks for taking the time to modify the PSS files for us. Mike

Mike Franks

Mike Keep the QW model. As I said above, use the QW model with the PSS panel and PSS flight dynamics. In your FS2004 main folder there is a folder "Quality Wings". In that folder is another called "sounds". Cut and remove that sounds folder and place it somewhere else (outside of FS2004). Only use the PSS sounds (RR). That should solve your "stereo" problem. Trevor

Thanks Trevor! That's what it needed. I appreciate you piecing together a 757 for us. I have a new favorite plane. Mike

Mike Franks