Sign in to follow this  
sho69607

Problems with Display in FSX (Hardware issue related)

This is the first time this has happened ever with my setup. I will post a screenshot explaining. at the time I was running the following programs (squawkbox, Google chrome, and FSX{in windowed mode}) It almost seemed weather related as far as FSX updating the weather. Anyways the aircraft went of course and nearly crashed as soon as a weather update was in progress.(maybe squawkbox was updating weather at the same time) Iam using FSX real world (Static). In FSX the screen turned pink in the sky and started flashing and here is a screenshot of what happened after this Also I recieved a warning from Nvidia Control panel saying FSX needed to close (however the program recovered just fine) Note: I reciently updated the video drivers to beta (in order to play BF3) Maybe this is it, I dont know. The screen also keeps going black and I see a little hazard symbol down at the corner of the desktop. I can resize the window periodically to fix the display issue, but it keeps happening. Here it is again:

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

and here is the error message associated with the problem:

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

Guest jahman

Something seems off with your video driver:

1. Screen corruption
  2. An OpenGl error message when FSX is a DirectX app.

Rename your FSX.cfg to something else so FSX can rebuild it from scratch and see if the problem persists. Cheers, - jahman.

ok. well see what happens this time. I was thinking it was the video driver since it is a beta driver. If the problem persists I will rollback to the newest stable driver for the card and wait until the new one is considered stable.

~Spencer Hoefer

Still the same issues are happening. The screen keeps refreshing over and over leaving textures misplaced. I have let fsx rebuild the cfg. I also have reverted to the last stable driver for my card. This only started happening yesterday. And this only happens in FSX! other than that my screen is fine.

~Spencer Hoefer

come on. I hope there is an easy fix to this.

~Spencer Hoefer

Did you overclocked your card? If yes set it back to default, also set all Nvidia control panel settings for FSX to default including Nvidia Inspector and see if the problem persist.

it came factory overclocked. I havent touched those settings.

~Spencer Hoefer

it came factory overclocked. I havent touched those settings.
By settings you mean Control panel and Inspector?

yeah. everything is the same from when i installed the card. this just happened last night on a long haul flight. and the game hasnt recovered from this issue yet.

~Spencer Hoefer

Reinstall the driver or another one after you cleaning up the old one with Driver Sweeper....shut the PC down after the install and restart.

ya. i reinstalled a different driver..but I didnt use driver sweeper before hand or restart my pc and all it was doing was overwriting files. so maybe ill clean the drivers first and like you suggested.

~Spencer Hoefer

and still the same issue. but it only happens with the PMDG 747x. should I just reinstall the aircraft?

~Spencer Hoefer

Guest firehawk44

The first picture from the OP shows loss of memory resources. The second picture circled by the OP could be an AI aircraft contrail in the distance. I doubt it was the beta video drivers that caused the problem. I have the beta video drivers on my system and have not had any issues even remotely coming close to this problem. Hopefully the OP does not have all his fsx sliders set to the max or nearly to the max. His system cannot handle it. Sure, FSX may run well in certain cases and situations but not always with settings maxed out. In addition, running real weather takes up a lot of memory resources. It could have been a bad video card driver installation but I doubt it as Nvidia has done a lot of work in this area to improve installation. Bad tweaks to the FSX.cfg could have caused this problem too. Any OpenGL setting in any display driver setting (Nvidia's or Enhancer or Nvidia Inspector) will have no affect on FSX. If there are any OpenGL settings enabled in the Nvidia drivers, turn them off. If you have installed any OpenGL drivers (look in your Add/Remove programs), uninstall them. Although you received an OpenGL error message, you should also check the Event Viewer for any system event that might have caused the problem in addition to the OpenGL error. Best regards,Jim