Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

The right plane?

Hi guys,due to the nice € to $ exchange rate I´m about to by a new plane for my hanger. The Carenado C773 Skymaster has done it to my. Very nice looking plane and the reviews are mostly positive.But I doubt that this plane is the right for flying in and out of litte fields in PNW and Australia and having despite the short field operation an rather high cruise speed of arround 150+ kt. Is it th right plane for flights like this or should I lookfor another one?

The Skymaster is not a bad choice for that role, its ability to get off and onto rough short strips is one of the reasons the US Air Force selected it as an interim aircraft for the FAC role before the OV-10 was widely available. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

It's not exactly a bush plane but it's quite good for all except the shortest of runways. The stall speed is around 60 kts I believe, which is quite slow. Of course, Carenado have done some more bush-oriented planes like the C185, a float version of the C172 etc. But the C337 is the most well made model from the company IMO. There are also other developers who have done some bush planes. The RealAir Scout package is an absolute must if you don't already have that.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

It's not exactly a bush plane but it's quite good for all except the shortest of runways. The stall speed is around 60 kts I believe, which is quite slow. Of course, Carenado have done some more bush-oriented planes like the C185, a float version of the C172 etc. But the C337 is the most well made model from the company IMO. There are also other developers who have done some bush planes. The RealAir Scout package is an absolute must if you don't already have that.
Well I´ve also got the C206 from them. Nice but you can see its age and with an cruise speed of arround 130 kt it´s unfortunately a bit too slow for me.

Well I´ve also got the C206 from them. Nice but you can see its age and with an cruise speed of arround 130 kt it´s unfortunately a bit too slow for me.
If you want a "fast" bush plane then Flight1's PC12 may be the answer. I have managed to get that in and out of Bold (about 1000ft strip) and it cruises like a rocket... Of course the Turbine Duke can get in and out there as well....G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I tend to really like the Flight1 BN2 Islander or Aerosoft Twin Otter for that kind of stuff.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

If you want a "fast" bush plane then Flight1's PC12 may be the answer. I have managed to get that in and out of Bold (about 1000ft strip) and it cruises like a rocket... Of course the Turbine Duke can get in and out there as well.... G
Both duke´s are allready mine. :smile:The PC 12... Well, I don´t know. I have the FS9 version and it doesn´t really thrill me. VC is somehow blocky and the landing is quite t´strange with that massive ammount of nose down.The Islander is really a nice plane. I´ve flown with this just two months ago in RW. I´ll get that later but I think it´s a bit too big for my flights.

... There are also other developers who have done some bush planes. The RealAir Scout package is an absolute must if you don't already have that.
I recommend the RealAir Scout as well, great package. Its far superior to anything I've tried from Carenado. The Scout actually flies like a plane, unlike Carenado products.

I recommend the RealAir Scout as well, great package. Its far superior to anything I've tried from Carenado. The Scout actually flies like a plane, unlike Carenado products.
Yeah, I´m a really big fan of RealAir´s products. their support is utstanding and the planes are mostly perfect every time. But the Scout as nice as it looks, is definitely a bit too slow for me (I know I´m a nervous guy!;smile:). In the end I´ve choosen Carenado´s C337. Downloading as I speak. Hopefully the right plane for me. Thanks guys for your ideas. I´ve got some more planes on my radar now. Especially the Islander will be one to get.