Sign in to follow this  

Hello, my name is Tom and I have such problems to run FSX smoothly. Does anyone have tweaks, to remove the stutters perfectly?I have such good frames, also with addon aircrafts ( like PMDG NGX ) and Addon sceneries ( Aerosoft Mallorca X ) par example. But when I am taxiing around the airports i receive stutters, especially on addon airports in Virtual Cockpit mode or in wingview mode. ( Not only in taxiing, also when I fly in VC it is laggy ).With bufferpools setting to 0 I receive always graphic interruptions, like white flashing artifacts, flashing black stripes etc. Need your perfect tweaks to solve this problem. Does anyone have tweak suggestions? Thanks for any help, I did bojote tweaks and I don't know what else I can do! I have been used the fps limiter to 30 and in fsx to unlimited, but without fps limiter and the limiter in FSX set to unlimited, I get better results and a more smooth FSX, but not perfect.What could I do to fix that issue? My pc specs are: CPU: I7 2600K Clock speed: 5 GHZRAM: 16 GB 1600 MHZ1 TB HDD Samsung 7200 RPMGPU: Colorful GTX 580 1536 MB Thanks for helping me :-) Best regards, Tom

Tom, I'm going to move this to a more appropriate forum so you'll receive better response.

Hi Tom, As you have a good GPU, I would recommend adding the following lines to the end of your FSX.cfg: [bufferPools]UsePools=0 This casues fsx to use the faster videoram more than the slower system ram and will give much improved performance on systems with a 1 gig or more videocard. Also add these lines to the start of your fsx.cfg: [JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=14 This will make fsx run on cores 1, 2 & 3 leaving core 0 to run your operating system and background processes (often the casues of stutters). Let us know how well these tweaks work for you (they work for me and many others). Cheers, IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

HIGHMEMFIX=1, & Water at High 2.x for flashing.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hello, my name is Tom and I have such problems to run FSX smoothly. Does anyone have tweaks, to remove the stutters perfectly?I have such good frames, also with addon aircrafts ( like PMDG NGX ) and Addon sceneries ( Aerosoft Mallorca X ) par example. But when I am taxiing around the airports i receive stutters, especially on addon airports in Virtual Cockpit mode or in wingview mode. ( Not only in taxiing, also when I fly in VC it is laggy ).With bufferpools setting to 0 I receive always graphic interruptions, like white flashing artifacts, flashing black stripes etc. Need your perfect tweaks to solve this problem. Does anyone have tweak suggestions? Thanks for any help, I did bojote tweaks and I don't know what else I can do! I have been used the fps limiter to 30 and in fsx to unlimited, but without fps limiter and the limiter in FSX set to unlimited, I get better results and a more smooth FSX, but not perfect.What could I do to fix that issue? My pc specs are: CPU: I7 2600KClock speed: 5 GHZRAM: 16 GB 1600 MHZ1 TB HDD Samsung 7200 RPMGPU: Colorful GTX 580 1536 MB Thanks for helping me :-) Best regards, Tom
Many people dispute what I am about to say, but I tested my rig, (2600k with GTX 580 @ 5Ghz), with various memory and I would never give up my 2133 CL9... K

Hi Tom, As you have a good GPU, I would recommend adding the following lines to the end of your FSX.cfg: [bufferPools]UsePools=0 This casues fsx to use the faster videoram more than the slower system ram and will give much improved performance on systems with a 1 gig or more videocard. Also add these lines to the start of your fsx.cfg: [JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=14 This will make fsx run on cores 1, 2 & 3 leaving core 0 to run your operating system and background processes (often the casues of stutters). Let us know how well these tweaks work for you (they work for me and many others). Cheers, IAN

Hello, first of all many thanks to all, giving me some hints. I did a much of tweaking myself, but I got stutters. The tweak with the bufferpools are great with usepools set to 0, frames are good and smooth experience. But then especially in turns, i receive black flashing stripes and white flashing artifacts. This is my worst problem also!!! Has anyone hints to fix this? Thank you very much indeed.Best regards,

If you did this

HIGHMEMFIX=1, & Water at High 2.x for flashing.
and stiill have flashing or artifacts, then do this:- [bufferPools]UsePools=1PoolSize=8388608RejectThreshold=262144 // If this fixes it - drop the RTh to 131072 and try the lower size. By the way - what memory and timing are you using?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Now that I have a good machine I am using UsePools=0 along with AffinityMask=14 with excellent results. These excellent results were not possible until I upgraded to the i7 2600k runnint @ 4.7. I do get the ocassional white flash which I have not been able to do away with. Still working on it. Highmemfix did nothing for me. RegardsBob

Highmemfix does not effect performance Bob, but very important to have if you have and use payware aircraft like PMDG, LVLD etc.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I'm amazed how people are complaining about stutters while in the same time using wrong tweaks at the wrong time - maybe I'm trying to be clever now but Bojote himself said that Usepools=0 is not to be used on fast hardware or it might cause crashes.But anyway: flashes are caused by Usepools=0 (Bufferpools=0, it's the same thing) + Water *lower* than High 2.0. Either water high or Usepools=1 and then use RejectThreshold.Try the clean fsx.cfg.Limit inside the FSX, rather than externally. Run a light airport with light aircraft, somewhere where you get 60fps easily - limit FSX to 60fps and check the smoothness. If it ain't smooth, it ain't the FSX's fault. Check then for external programs causing it.As others pointed out, without hyperthreading set:[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=14

Highmemfix does not effect performance Bob, but very important to have if you have and use payware aircraft like PMDG, LVLD etc.
I am aware that this is not a performance tweak, but thought it might offer some benefit to the white flashing I get. I thought the Highmemfix was for video mem exhuastion which is what I thought I was experiencing when seeing the the white flashes. Bob
I'm amazed how people are complaining about stutters while in the same time using wrong tweaks at the wrong time - maybe I'm trying to be clever now but Bojote himself said that Usepools=0 is not to be used on fast hardware or it might cause crashes.But anyway: flashes are caused by Usepools=0 (Bufferpools=0, it's the same thing) + Water *lower* than High 2.0. Either water high or Usepools=1 and then use RejectThreshold.Try the clean fsx.cfg.Limit inside the FSX, rather than externally. Run a light airport with light aircraft, somewhere where you get 60fps easily - limit FSX to 60fps and check the smoothness. If it ain't smooth, it ain't the FSX's fault. Check then for external programs causing it.As others pointed out, without hyperthreading set:[JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=14
I have nad no crashes (fingers crossed) but using UsePools=0 is working well along with AM-14. I guess I may be one of the lucky ones. Bob

Hello, my name is Tom and I have such problems to run FSX smoothly. Does anyone have tweaks, to remove the stutters perfectly?I have such good frames, also with addon aircrafts ( like PMDG NGX ) and Addon sceneries ( Aerosoft Mallorca X ) par example. But when I am taxiing around the airports i receive stutters, especially on addon airports in Virtual Cockpit mode or in wingview mode. ( Not only in taxiing, also when I fly in VC it is laggy ).With bufferpools setting to 0 I receive always graphic interruptions, like white flashing artifacts, flashing black stripes etc. Need your perfect tweaks to solve this problem. Does anyone have tweak suggestions? Thanks for any help, I did bojote tweaks and I don't know what else I can do! I have been used the fps limiter to 30 and in fsx to unlimited, but without fps limiter and the limiter in FSX set to unlimited, I get better results and a more smooth FSX, but not perfect.What could I do to fix that issue? My pc specs are: CPU: I7 2600KClock speed: 5 GHZRAM: 16 GB 1600 MHZ1 TB HDD Samsung 7200 RPMGPU: Colorful GTX 580 1536 MB Thanks for helping me :-) Best regards, Tom
Add these lines to the cfg: BufferPools]UsePools=30000 [JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=14 and as PJ stated, set water to High 2x. Your problem can be related to ram timings, but most of the time is just a simple bufferpools teak that is needed to get FSX smooth and flash free.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

If you did this and stiill have flashing or artifacts, then do this:- [bufferPools]UsePools=1PoolSize=8388608RejectThreshold=262144 // If this fixes it - drop the RTh to 131072 and try the lower size. By the way - what memory and timing are you using?
Hello, first of all thanks very much for your help and assistance. :-) My RAM is 16GB Timing 1600 MHZ