Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

Video of Prepar3d

Doubtless a nice made video, but it does not tell much about P3B. I see ORBX and other great stuff, but what is now standard P3D and what is addon??And I see many stutters ... is this from videoediting or is this P3D? Would be nice to see P3D with different landscapes, weather settings etc ...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I second the above post. It shows what is possible in P3D, but it is similar to the demo of XP10 where the scenery you get for the demo is not representative entirely of what the full world is detailed like, but what is capable given someone taking the time to add specific details where the default unmodified data is blank or inaccurate. You are showing things in that video that do not come with P3D and it is misleading to someone who is unfamiliar with the products contained. Any videos representing P3D tech should contain minimal addons and utilize only default aircraft/scenery. Now if you want to show that many an addon are compatible, great vid, but the title is misleading then.Great video, but the beginning says "Lockheed Martin Presents" and other than the water sky and a few aircraft, I counldnt see anything that LM actually put in the software. All was either ORBX scenery and addon aircraft from various developers.

I second the above post. It shows what is possible in P3D, but it is similar to the demo of XP10 where the scenery you get for the demo is not representative entirely of what the full world is detailed like, but what is capable given someone taking the time to add specific details where the default unmodified data is blank or inaccurate. You are showing things in that video that do not come with P3D and it is misleading to someone who is unfamiliar with the products contained. Any videos representing P3D tech should contain minimal addons and utilize only default aircraft/scenery. Now if you want to show that many an addon are compatible, great vid, but the title is misleading then.Great video, but the beginning says "Lockheed Martin Presents" and other than the water sky and a few aircraft, I counldnt see anything that LM actually put in the software. All was either ORBX scenery and addon aircraft from various developers.
I really wish I had time to redo that video but school is around and untl summer comes around, video editing will be on hold.As for P3D:FPS are 5-10 better in *exact* situations as FSXMenu is WAY better and UI looks very professional.Multiplayer is greatly improved and the overall build so far feels very solid. Much more rigid than the shaky FSX code.

Great video, but the beginning says "Lockheed Martin Presents" and other than the water sky and a few aircraft, I counldnt see anything that LM actually put in the software. All was either ORBX scenery and addon aircraft from various developers.
+1And btw you are breaching the Orbx EULA with this video because so far only a side by side license for PNW has been released and you aren't allowed to use any of there sceneries for free in P3D (even though you clearly can without problems :( ). Edited by J van E

Jeroen,The video was made using the Orbx FREE PNW demo for P3D...Too much EULA on your mind.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

+1And btw you are breaching the Orbx EULA with this video because so far only a side by side license for PNW has been released and you aren't allowed to use any of there sceneries for free in P3D (even though you clearly can without problems :( ).
JeroenCome on....keep up! :(

Jeroen,The video was made using the Orbx FREE PNW demo for P3D...Too much EULA on your mind.
LOL I forgot that demo was already released back then AND that it included Bowerman... My bad. :wink:Yeah, when I close my eyes I see EULA all the time... It's a great acronym: I love it. :(