Sign in to follow this  
pager94

RXP 430 Crashing Carenado Aircraft

Hi All, I just bought the A36 for FSX. All the RXP GWS 430 and 530 have been installed and operating correctly in non-carenado aircraft. All the RXP interation has been done per Carenado instructions. Most recently I turn on the RXP 430 in the A36 and begins self-test protocol FSX crashes (CTD) every time on the third page into self test. This happens with the new A36 and all the RXP integrated Carenado aircraft ONLY! The 430 / 530 work perfectly well in all aircraft other then Carenado. I've uninstalled,reinstalled and re-confingured the RXP 430 and 530, still not fixed. Any idea what is going on here? Thanks in advance! Billybob

Does the GarminTrainer-exe come up in the Taskmanager or does it crash way before that? Can you run the RXP config tool (again) on the Carenado A36 and check the settings there, then press apply?This should generate a valid RXPGNX.ini either way and may rule out any problems there. The tool should "warn" you that there already is a config file present and you have to answer yes when it asks if you want to edit it.

Does the GarminTrainer-exe come up in the Taskmanager or does it crash way before that? Can you run the RXP config tool (again) on the Carenado A36 and check the settings there, then press apply?This should generate a valid RXPGNX.ini either way and may rule out any problems there. The tool should "warn" you that there already is a config file present and you have to answer yes when it asks if you want to edit it.
None of the above worked and I can't find any Garmin Trainer.EXE file in taskmanager. The RXP was working fine until I added in the Carenado Cessna 210. Then this problem came out of the blue. BB

Oops, I got that name wrong. The Garmin stuff comes up as G530SIM.exe if it's running, even if you use a 430 unit, the exe is named that way. So if you load other planes with the RXP included the thing starts and only the A36 currently fails, right? Or do the other planes now show the same problems? If all RXP stuff fails, this could be a license thingy which would need a reinstall with the red plane Flight1 installer, run as admin and with AV off.If only the A36 has some trouble, maybe revert back to the non RXP state and rerun the steps for integrating the RXP gauges, maybe something in the panel.cfg was mixed up.Sorry, just guessing though. I hope it helps a bit.

Oops, I got that name wrong. The Garmin stuff comes up as G530SIM.exe if it's running, even if you use a 430 unit, the exe is named that way. So if you load other planes with the RXP included the thing starts and only the A36 currently fails, right? Or do the other planes now show the same problems? If all RXP stuff fails, this could be a license thingy which would need a reinstall with the red plane Flight1 installer, run as admin and with AV off.If only the A36 has some trouble, maybe revert back to the non RXP state and rerun the steps for integrating the RXP gauges, maybe something in the panel.cfg was mixed up.Sorry, just guessing though. I hope it helps a bit.
The A36 works fine with RXP GPS 430 NOT turned on. If I turn RXP 430 on in ANY carenado aircraft 210, A360, Barron, etc. the RXP 430 goes through the first two on-screen test pages then FSX crashes. The RXP 530 works perfectly fine in the Caranado planes.

Maybe someone over at the RXP forum has a clue concerning this. unsure.png
It looked like there were multiple duplicate registry errors. I deleted them, uninstalled then reinstalled and now the RXP 430 will not even turn on. I'll try over at the RXP forum.Thanks for the help and concern. Cheers... BillyBob

Maybe someone over at the RXP forum has a clue concerning this. unsure.png
Hi CoolP! Fixed it over at the RXP forum. One of the senior members had a fix for it. Apparently some obscure memory file in the RXP folder gets corrupted on occasion and has to be deleted and RXP never responded to the problem.Weird.. Thanks for you help and concern. Finally, off to test fly the A36 with Dual RXP 430 with Crossfill!!! Cheers,BillyBob

Glad to hear this. Now that I think of it, this stuff in the Nonvol folder always is worth a view when CTDs happen. Sorry for leaving out that tip. blush.pngThey should make it sticky over at RXP.