Sign in to follow this  
windshearDK

Question for EHAM ops

I love flying KLM these days! Schiphol is never boring with it's multiple runways. I do how ever find landing there using the rules I have in my charts, quite a pain in the neck. There is a restriction of height and a rule to fly the most time with out flaps at the lowest speed possible, then put flaps on below 2000 ft. and gear down below 1200 ft. This is one hair raising approach experience almost every time.Last night I was tired and flying, and landing at rwy06 was almost impossible if I fly by the rules in the STAR. When go to casperflights.com though I see that the approach done in the real world could care less about the rules I am referring to. They descent as rapidly as possible to 2000ft then slow down then ILS and flaps etc. Is there anyone with real life experience? Or just excessive flightsim experience Big Grin.gif

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Just watched the exact opposite of that on casperflights.com. A B764 landing at Heathrow. He was at 3700 feet at 160 knots. Continuous decent until touchdown. I guess in the case of Schiphol, the key words are "if able".

The procedure is a little bit different. Due to copyright issues, I can't post the procedure as described in the Dutch AIP here. However, I can describe how you can find it: - go to www.ais-netherlands.nl- click on AIS publications- select Agree and click on next- click on Integrated Aeronautical Information Package- click on the "+" next to AD 2 Aerodromes- click on the "+" next to EHAM- click on AD 2.21- scroll down to section 3.1

Marc ter Heide

Em you can always quote! Yeah I remembered wrong! It's minimum flaps for the approach, then gear down at 2000ft and then landing flaps at 1200ft. Ok what I did last evening was: LVL CHG at 220kts from 5000ft at NURI, down to 3000. Then slow down to 170kts. at level flight, then catch the LOC and G/S put on flaps 5 before G/S capture then slow down to approx 160kts. then apply flaps 15 at 2000, then gear down at 1200. I think I need to reverse that! Because the approach is built up differently, and also applying flaps 15 at such a late stage in the approach makes the nose drop a lot. Ok I will refine my ways :D

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg