Sign in to follow this  
Guest Niels_C

Need Fast Prop Plane

I need a fast prop plane for the long hauls in sim flying, wondered about the De Havilland Dash 7 Could only find re-paints not the version 1 Whatever plane needs to have GPS Any ideas? Would like 300 KIAS or better!! Please Eddie

You can come pretty close with Simubuild/USD's MU-2...It's found at www.simubuild.com-John

Thanks John, I was on the net when I got your E-mail - Downloaded it immediately, Am anxious to fly with it!!! I Really appreciate this!!!! Eddie

For a fast prop, you probably can't do much better than the Dash 8Q-400 or Saab 2000.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

OK Chris, will also downlod these - wonder if the Saab 2000 is for FS2000? - Ive downloaded the Beta Saab & like the plane-except I land 20 meters short!!! but it's consistant!!Will try the Dash 8Q-400 download!! Thanks - Do You know the Ancient Brit? From Wales - He's a good man and friend! Cya Eddie

BTW if you want the Mu-2 SB is now USD just click on my banner for the site. If you want a really fast turboprop try out the Tupolev Tu-95 'Bear' or civil version the Tu-114. Worlds fastest turboprop ;-)Best Regards Derek Beal :-wavehttp://flightsimmers.net/va/aeroflot724/derekban1.jpgPROUD RUSSIAN/CANADIAN! :D http://flightsimmers.net/va/aeroflot724/3d...om_russi2bl.gif http://flightsimmers.net/va/aeroflot724/canadaa.gif

The Dash-7 is a great airplane and a joy to fly. But it is no speed demon despite the four big windmills on the wings. Tops out at about 215 Knots IAS. It is great for getting into tight airports though and I'm pretty sure you could put one down on a carrier deck. It's slow cruise speed was one reason that it was not a commercial success - with just over 100 produced. However, as a predecessor of the very successful Dash-8, it is an important commercial airplane.

Guest Niels_C

Hi all,Somewhat late, and I don't quite remember the numbers in knots,but the Fairchild-Dornier 328 turboprop is probably the fastestcommercial t-p ever produced, easily clocking 600 km/h + onrevenue flights.Just a couple of late, deflated eurocents.-Niels Christiansen