Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Your favorite IFR single?

Without question my favourite is the Lionheart Bellanca Turbo Viking, which I have put the RXP GNS 530 into. The real thing, and the sim version is a very fast aeroplane with a simulation of pilot and passenger personal oxygen systems, so you can climb the thing up to 20,000 feet and go well over 200 knots. It's not an expensive add on either and it has a cool VC. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Ouch, he said 'IFR', so my Aerosoft Katana tip is out of the game. unsure.pngBut I still leave her as a statement since I can't recall another modern GA plane in that detail and modelled with that dedication in the sim.That 'single' makes it even harder since there are many great twins available. But the very current Flight1 C182 with the G1000 would give you a nice opportunity to go IFR and also enjoy some nice optics and modelling. The price is a bit higher than usual, but the quality is great and there's a money-back policy in place. I would also add the latest Carenado Bonanza A36 since the Aspen avionics, the twin GPS setup and the promising FDE support offer a high potential. I'm running her with a twin RXP 430 installation.

HelloMine would be the FSD Commander 115, just great with Ezdok + TrackIR.Seriously underrated.

Sadly you´re asking for singles, othwise I would have said either the RealAir Beech Duke or the Turbine Duke variant. Btw. can the C337 called an single? :(

I fly the Carenado F33 Bonanza with RXP FLT and FLN gauges the most. The panel is just lovely! Another great plane would be the Flight1 C182T which comes with a G1000 avionics suite.

Bert

Orbx Lancair IV-P - integrates with either GNS430W or 530W. Very fast, great for instrument flying, challenging (be sure to plan your descents carefully hehe) Probably the best GA single prop to date... http://fullterrain.com/product_lancair.html

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I used to use the Realair Marchetti whilst practicising for my instrument rating. It was great because of the smooth instruments. The only problem is it was significantly faster than the twins I then used in RL (PA34-200T).

F1 T182 as already mentioned would be a good choice if you are into the G1000 setup. The FDE is top notch as well. I have been pleased personally with the Carenado C210T Centurion.

My current favorite is the Carenado T210. Lovely plane with a great instrument panel.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

i like the Carenado T210 also.....very nice gauges....although i have to say the very smoothest gauges are in the Duke Turbine. i dont care for the blurry gauges in the Lancair though.

No it's not and it's worth every penny.My repaints are free, however...

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10, Varjo Aero, DOF H3