Sign in to follow this  
JC75

ENG1 Bleed Valve - 9th stage Bleed Failure

Im sitting in the cruise but I have 3 failures occur - ENG1 BLEED VALVE , Left 9th STAGE BLEED, and RIGHT 9th STAGE BLEED. Ive checked the QRH but cant find any referenec to what to do - there are no warnings as such, only noticeable difference is Im only get a reading for one of the DUCT pressures(Obviously) and aft pax cabin bit chlly now. Any suggestions on the actions to take? and reason failure occurred?

Can you take screen caps of your bleed panel and pressurization panel?

Matt Cee

Im sitting in the cruise but I have 3 failures occur - ENG1 BLEED VALVE , Left 9th STAGE BLEED, and RIGHT 9th STAGE BLEED. Ive checked the QRH but cant find any referenec to what to do - there are no warnings as such, only noticeable difference is Im only get a reading for one of the DUCT pressures(Obviously) and aft pax cabin bit chlly now. Any suggestions on the actions to take? and reason failure occurred?
Hi James, I would simply open the cross bleed valve so it sumplies both packs and monitor the system. switch off engine 1 bleed. Are there any other cockpit indications ? regards,

Yes I closed the valve which regulated it, but no other indications at all - no warnings on MCP or warning lights on overhead - only noticed it when checking to see if i had correct landing altitude set - then checked the CDU for failures and it shows those 3 failures. On checking cabin temps noticed aft cabin was mighty cold - but thats regulated back to normal now. Strange one that no warnings are given for it - Landed now with no incident at KORD, having switched to APU failures are still showing, so think a case of resetting them for now - but be interested to know why it occurred and why no warning for it?

Did you CTD at all during that flight and have to reload a Save? It probably started on the ground somewhere as that is where it usually happens to me. Once it is like that there is nothing you can do about it. Least I have not found a solution other than to start with a Default NGX panel on the next flight. It is kinda like that High Fuel issue, once it happens even if you clear all failures it won't fix itself until you do a New Flight with a Stock NGX Panel State.

At cruise power, engine 5th stage bleed is sufficient to power the bleed ducts, if you have failed 9th stage valve you will have probles during idle power (liike on descend) so turn on the APU to compensate.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

No crash before load or any of those things, I'm aware of that bug with the fuel, but this not the case here. On landing I was able to clear the faults and it's working fine. So looks like it was generated naturally...however shouldn't this trigger some form of warning? Also what would the causes be? Closing the valve regulated both, and as a precaution I also turned on the apu...however there is nothing about this in the qrh.I'm not saying this is a bug, it may be in sense of how and what it triggered, I'd just like to understand why and how the sim generated it and what it should have done, and what my actions should be.