Sign in to follow this  
A380

XBox yoke

HelloIdeal for Flights! target marketLMAO.gif

Noo, horrible!!! sad.png

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

HelloI think PFC will probably throw the towel in, once they see this.

Okay - here we go down the rabbit hole. Its a racing wheel and that's it. And as a racing wheel it is only able to control along the longitudinal axis (bank left and bank right) or in the case of the car turn left or right. It has no way of controlling along the lateral axis (up down) and cannot detect push/pull movements. It cannot also control along the vertical axis either since you need rudder pedals for that. So before we go off into the woods with this Xbox thing. It's a racing wheel and nothing more. It is shaped like a yoke because there is no reason to have a top piece of the wheel when the movements required for the accelerometer to register a steering move requires you to hold it at the 9 and 3 o clock positions and would just add needless added weight. It's a steering wheel and there is no Flight for X-Box.

I heard not only X Box but I Pad, Playstation 1 2 and 3, I Phone, Droid, MacBook, C-64, T-80, Apple IIE and Apple IIC.

I heard not only X Box but I Pad, Playstation 1 2 and 3, I Phone, Droid, MacBook, C-64, T-80, Apple IIE and Apple IIC.
Jim, what changed you lately so much? I read your posts on these forums lately, and 99% of the time they are sarcastic, sometimes a bit rude, and give overall feeling of "I had it".You used the be a very neat poster, very polite, was quite nice to read your posts years ago in AS forums.

Hi, Yes, that is true and I'll be the first to admit it. I do need to take a step back away from things for awhile.

Kind of annoying that instead of resting your arms on a traditional wheel, with this thing you have to hold it up, can't say I would look forward to that for any extended amount of time. Also without support, movements would be more exaggerated and somewhat less controlled.

Jim, what changed you lately so much? I read your posts on these forums lately, and 99% of the time they are sarcastic, sometimes a bit rude, and give overall feeling of "I had it".You used the be a very neat poster, very polite, was quite nice to read your posts years ago in AS forums.
Maybe he's just sick of the nonsense speculation that goes on in here on a daily basis and is just playing along with it.Or maybe his departure from HiFi wasn't on his own accord and he's just blowing off some steam? Maybe not but I like his posts since they are just honest responses to otherwise nonsensical posts about product that has yet to be releases.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Okay - here we go down the rabbit hole. Its a racing wheel and that's it. And as a racing wheel it is only able to control along the longitudinal axis (bank left and bank right) or in the case of the car turn left or right. It has no way of controlling along the lateral axis (up down) and cannot detect push/pull movements. It cannot also control along the vertical axis either since you need rudder pedals for that. So before we go off into the woods with this Xbox thing. It's a racing wheel and nothing more. It is shaped like a yoke because there is no reason to have a top piece of the wheel when the movements required for the accelerometer to register a steering move requires you to hold it at the 9 and 3 o clock positions and would just add needless added weight. It's a steering wheel and there is no Flight for X-Box.
Sorry my friend but if they can build it to detect left and right movement, they can build it to sense push-pull movements... all it is an accelerometer placed on each x, y, and z, axis and that get translated into movement acceleration... which is then interpreted as a command to climb, dive, bank left or right. If they can do one they can do them all... And as far as your rudder pedal comment, there are far more FS Simmers out there flying w/o rudder pedals on their PC that have them...

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Endgadget is saying in this article the device IS NOT FOR hardcore driving sim gamers, its for something else... it looks like "MS motion controls may be infiltrating all sorts of games" http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/07/xbox-360-wireless-speed-wheel-will-arrive-in-early-october-for/ Either way they are right that for the hardcore driving simmers there is already a very nice wireless steering wheel with a full round control wheel. So this is most likely for other games too...

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

... all it is an accelerometer placed on each x, y, and z, axis and that get translated into movement acceleration... which is then interpreted as a command to climb, dive, bank left or right.
In fact even - Kinect doesn't use accelerometers, the buttons and thumb pad aside; a cardboard wheel would work as well. It’s all camera based…. As far as I know you can simply mime a Forsa wheel as well.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.