Sign in to follow this  
A380

XBox yoke

In fact even - Kinect doesn't use accelerometers, the buttons and thumb pad aside; a cardboard wheel would work as well. It’s all camera based…. As far as I know you can simply mime a Forsa wheel as well.
Then if that's the case, the possibilities of motion detection are, well unlimited... so this thing could be set up for any game.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Then if that's the case, the possibilities of motion detection are, well unlimited... so this thing could be set up for any game.
Except this thing has nothing to do with Kinect. It is just a cheap racing wheel.

Sorry my friend but if they can build it to detect left and right movement, they can build it to sense push-pull movements... all it is an accelerometer placed on each x, y, and z, axis and that get translated into movement acceleration... which is then interpreted as a command to climb, dive, bank left or right. If they can do one they can do them all... And as far as your rudder pedal comment, there are far more FS Simmers out there flying w/o rudder pedals on their PC that have them...
Let's stay away from what they "can" build and let's stick with what they HAVE built which is the topic of this thread. As it pertains to THIS product, it is not a yoke it is a steering wheel. As it pertains to THIS thread there is no use for this wheel for any Flight Simulation applications. Now...we can argue what can be built in the future but that has nothing to do with the product that is referenced above and if it means that there will be Flight for XBox. Additionally, this is NOT a Kinect product, it is a wireless controller like any standard X-Box controller except it has a accelerometer in it.

Are you all saying that's a steering wheel and not the same yoke as seen in the DC-8 cockpit picture I posted.....who knew!!!

I guess the "yoke" was on us! Shocked.gif

Except this thing has nothing to do with Kinect. It is just a cheap racing wheel.
I figured it was a device for Kinect, but your right it is a standalone with an accelerometer.Forza itself is Kinect enabled...it does open a lot of other possibilities for controls.

Maybe he's just sick of the nonsense speculation that goes on in here on a daily basis and is just playing along with it. Or maybe his departure from HiFi wasn't on his own accord and he's just blowing off some steam? Maybe not but I like his posts since they are just honest responses to otherwise nonsensical posts about product that has yet to be releases.
The only nonsense here is that Microsoft announce Flight and then dont give any usefull info to us about what it is or is not, thats why there is speculation here

The only nonsense here is that Microsoft announce Flight and then dont give any usefull info to us about what it is or is not, thats why there is speculation here
Why should Microsoft give us any information?

I likes it, I use my Xbox360 gamepad & chatpad on my laptop when I feel like simming. Be nice to have a yoke in the bag.

This is not, I repeat NOT a yoke laugh.png

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.