Sign in to follow this  
xxxalexxxx

Poor climbing performance and different altitude readouts 1st and 2nd officer

Hello I try to do the tutorial flight and followed every step as written down. Takeoff is no problem, but from the start on I realized that the altitude readouts in the pfd of the 1st and 2nd FO vary to a great extent. You can see this when you compare the attached pictures, which are taken from the 1st and 2nd FO point of view at the same time in flight. The other thing that happened e v e r y time is, that after 10000 ft (1st officer's readout) the plane slows considerably and the climb rate drops dramatically. A short while thereafter you can see the fmc recalculate and tell "unable crz altitude" (see attached photos). (Notice also the vast difference in the altitude readouts of 1st and 2nd officer in flight, as these pictures are taken seconds after each other!) I read somwhere that fsuipc could cause performance problems, so I deleted fsuipc.dll in the modules folder. I use Win 7 64 bit, TrackIR, Saitek X52Pro Stick and Rudder pedals, EZCA Camera. REX Wheather is disabled and all settings as proposed in the tutorial. Any help very much appreciated! Thanks in advance! AlexI just realized, that the resolution of the pictures is not good enough, sorry for that! FS is not running any more so I won't take any new ones at this time. Anyway the altitude readout on the ground was something like 40 (1st officer) vs. 200 (2nd officer) and in flight 10000 vs. 30000! Alex

Your first pictures are meaningless, as one can't see your QNH settings. The other two are, as you already figured, too compressed to read anything. Regarding your UNABLE CRZ ALT we have a bit too little info. Post complete route and performance data so we can figure it out. On a side note though, weather add-ons are known to cause major problems with performance and other things. One last thing, you need to sign your full name in these forums as per the rules. sig.gif

your ngx settings and fsx settings are probably set to two different measurements. Ones feet others metres.

One reason the 737 won't climb is that the outside temperature at altitude is too high in FSX. What weather program are you using?

Thank you all very much for your quick response and all your valuable comments!

your ngx settings and fsx settings are probably set to two different measurements. Ones feet others metres.
This in fact was the case (FSX settings were in meters...) and changing it to "feet" solved all problems! In fact syncronisation of captain's and FO's baro settings was activated. But the fsx settings in meters only seem to apply for the captains pfd, showing the altitude in meters. I think the FMC however calculated these meters as feet, so with the FMC assuming me to be at 10000 feet for example, I was in fact already at more than 30000 feet and thus being unable to reach the target cruise altitude. Cheers Alex

I'm having the same poor climbing performance issue, and I spotted something in the thread about "it won't climb if it's too hot". Well, I've been able to get to fl280 over the past hour, and I noticed the egt was over 800f. sure enough, the tat is reading 41C. +105 degrees at fl280??? I just got "hired" at swavirtual airlines- I'll be looking closely at the luvcars reporting client....

Alex - don't set FSX to meters, just press the meters button on the EFIS control panel in the NGX and it will give you the readout in meters. Setting FSX to meters screws up all the variables the NGX reads out of the sim.Joe - are you using FSInn? If so, disable the weather on it - it's totally messed up and the temperatures are all inverted in the flight levels - they go up instead of down as you climb. For flying online use either the default FSX realtime weather or get ASE or REX.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com