Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

Performance decreasing when mouse cursor displayed, are you looking into this PMDG?

Hello, I know it's been discussed before. And the problem could be quite annoying. At Aerosoft Schiphol (my home and favourite airport), I'm getting around 18-20 fps while the mouse cursor is displayed, and around 23 fps when it is not displayed. PMDG claims that the performance is equal or even better than the MD11. This is not true for me because I'm getting over 25 fps in the MD11 at Aerosoft Schiphol. If I want the NGX to come a little close, the mouse cursor must not be displayed. I know PMDG probably know about this, but I was wondering, are you looking into this and is this fixed for SP1? Because I'm not reading anything anymore from you about this issue.Thanks in advance,

Best way around this (for me) is run in windows mode with task bar on auto-hide, program as many functions as you can to your controllers and bury the mouse pointer at the top of the window. Saves me 5fps for almost all my flight.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

PMDG already said they tried to minimize it as best they could.They've done everything they can...according to what they stated. What more do you want them to do if you already knew that?

Interesting how tolerant everyone seems to be over this issue considering the uproar and criticism that was made when a certain other 737 was seen to suffer from this problem...Whistle.gif

David Porrett

Interesting how tolerant everyone seems to be over this issue considering the uproar and criticism that was made when a certain other 737 was seen to suffer from this problem...Whistle.gif
Well ... some people just don't have that issue or the issue is very minor compared to other annoyances.And yes, I did fly "the other 737" before the NGX came out.

Dave P. Woycek

+1

I'm one of those who don't have this issue at all (even with the iFly I didn't have it)... So...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Maybe experience makes you more tolerant, in the iFly, we didn't know it was an FSX issue. Now that we do know it's out of developers' control,there's no point in getting upset about it :)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

The real issue here is Microsoft that continues to sell FSX and doesn't offer any support after closing Aces studios. Really I'm never accusing PMDG for issues related to their products because I know very well they have to deal with a programming sh*t which is FSX. Actually, for these issues, there's absolutely no support for us legal FSX license owners. It's a point I would take into consideration.

hi This is a problem of windows in general and not the simulator, if you run an application that uses many resources of the PC happens. Try to watch a video in HD by hovering over the mouse pointer is a drop in performance as it does in the simulator

iFly performed way worse than NGX on my rig, not to mention I didn't have the half of addons I use with NGX installed.

If some get it [i do] and some don't, then it's system specific. Therefore it would be nice to track down the variables that generate this anomaly. It knocks my frame rate in half. And thats with a powerful overclocked system.