Sign in to follow this  
Mean Aerodynamic Chord

"NAV DATA OUT OF DATE"

I just noticed that message today. I head you must buy an updated version of the database. Does anyone think it is pretty ridiculous for PMDG NOT to give it away for free?? It's like having a Blu-Ray player from LG and they don't give out updates for the BD LIVE database. It's ridiculous. wacko.png On a side note, are there any sound packs for the NGX?

On a side note, are there any sound packs for the NGX?
Why in the world would you want a sound pack for the NGX?? The sounds (IMHO) of the NGX are so spot on, I can't imagine someone wanting a different sound pack. To answer the question, I don't think there are any sound packs available specifically for the NGX. I'm sure there are CFM soundsets and the like, but the NGX sounds are so smooth and realistic, I really can't see why you'd want to change them. As a quick example, just watch a youtube video of a real NG throttling from CRZ thrust to idle and then do the same with the NGX, and you'll hear what I mean. That rumble is just amazing. Adam EDIT: as for the NavData message...if you don't want to pay navigraph (I do...totally recommed it) for updated NavData, you can manually edit the file that controls that message to make it not out of date without actually updating the NavData. I don't know what exactly the file is called since my FS computer is currently flying the NGX, but if you search the forums, it has come up before and instructions can be found.

I just noticed that message today. I head you must buy an updated version of the database. Does anyone think it is pretty ridiculous for PMDG NOT to give it away for free?? It's like having a Blu-Ray player from LG and they don't give out updates for the BD LIVE database. It's ridiculous. wacko.png On a side note, are there any sound packs for the NGX?
The NGX says your navdata is out of date because that's what the real NG would do. It's not a scheme to make you spend more money. Do a search on how to edit the expiration date on your navdata if you just want to get rid of the message.

Navdata is extremely cheap. It's basically around $2.60 for an entire cycle. So if you own five different planes that accept Navigraph data you only spend 2.60 total to get all five. You have to buy the credits in a bulk pack at 10 euros.. but after that I think you get 270 days to spend the 10 euros. What I normally do is buy a new cycle every few months, this year I lost 2 euros because I failed to use all my credits... bah...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On your return trip, tell the driver to stop at the blue planet with the oxygen atmosphere. Oh, and use the search function... Hint: it's like google. ;-)

Navdata is extremely cheap. It's basically around $2.60 for an entire cycle. So if you own five different planes that accept Navigraph data you only spend 2.60 total to get all five. You have to buy the credits in a bulk pack at 10 euros.. but after that I think you get 270 days to spend the 10 euros. What I normally do is buy a new cycle every few months, this year I lost 2 euros because I failed to use all my credits... bah...
I created a account on the website but somehow it didn't let me look at the stuff there. I'll go look at it again.
Why in the world would you want a sound pack for the NGX?? The sounds (IMHO) of the NGX are so spot on, I can't imagine someone wanting a different sound pack. To answer the question, I don't think there are any sound packs available specifically for the NGX. I'm sure there are CFM soundsets and the like, but the NGX sounds are so smooth and realistic, I really can't see why you'd want to change them. As a quick example, just watch a youtube video of a real NG throttling from CRZ thrust to idle and then do the same with the NGX, and you'll hear what I mean. That rumble is just amazing.
Just wondering.... Whistle.gif
EDIT: as for the NavData message...if you don't want to pay navigraph (I do...totally recommed it) for updated NavData, you can manually edit the file that controls that message to make it not out of date without actually updating the NavData. I don't know what exactly the file is called since my FS computer is currently flying the NGX, but if you search the forums, it has come up before and instructions can be found.
I'll look that up.
PMDG doesn't make them.
I'm pretty sure they could if they wanted to. Thanks

Just wondering.... Whistle.gif
Sorry if I sounded a little harsh, but in all reality, I don't think there is anything out there that is as good as what Armen has created for the NGX. Adam

I created a account on the website but somehow it didn't let me look at the stuff there. I'll go look at it again. Just wondering.... Whistle.gif I'll look that up. I'm pretty sure they could if they wanted to. Thanks
They don't have to create it if it's already being made, stop being stubborn.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

I created a account on the website but somehow it didn't let me look at the stuff there. I'll go look at it again.
I'm not positive but I think once you login and buy credits you can see the list of planes that accept navigraph updates... here's a quick screenie of most of the list (stuff not shown is quality wings and wilco stuff) navlist.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Sigh Rolling Eyes.gif ...in addition to the other responses, you do NOT have to update the nav data base, especially if you fly offline. A new nav data cycle is released by navigraph every 30 or 60 days (I don't recall exactly). I would rather PMDG devote their resources to developing aircraft, not navigation databases.

No. You are ridiculous and we think your spam is going too far.

Hey guys.I'll buy the latest pack in a little bit. I have come to agree that it really is important to have an updated FMC. But since I'm on a pretty recent update, I'll buy it when a airport I fly mostly at VATSIM changes, such as Seattle Tacoma did a few years ago. Talking about Seattle Tacoma, few weeks ago, I was flying there on VATSIM and the controller told me to land on a Center runway, which I didn't have on FSX since I just use default and it was pretty funny how I then realized that on default scenery, it's actually 16L (or whatever the heading is). That impulsed me to get a runway patch for SEA. Anyway, thanks for the replies!