Sign in to follow this  
misterblank

FS9 Limit on scenery library entries?

I've been happily flying FS2004 for many years but only until recently have I run into a big problem. Now whenever I try to add another scenery it shows up in the list but when I restart to add to the scenery.cfg its not in the library anymore. I can't seem to add any more than the 1,090 entries in my scenery library. I have tried erasing the fs9.cfg in the fs9 folder. I have also tried the following: When your in FS9 and SCENERY LIBRARY...-Click the scenery you want to add-Click OK-It will go into the sub directory-Click the "up one level" button-Repeat until all you files are added! Being able to keep adding to FS2004 is really important to me since I like to fly all over the world. Anyone know any tricks that could help? Is 1,090 the most entries the scenery library can take? Best regards...Duncan PS When I add to the top of the list the airport shows about 30 lines down in the library every time.

I've been happily flying FS2004 for many years but only until recently have I run into a big problem. Now whenever I try to add another scenery it shows up in the list but when I restart to add to the scenery.cfg its not in the library anymore. I can't seem to add any more than the 1,090 entries in my scenery library. I have tried erasing the fs9.cfg in the fs9 folder. I have also tried the following: When your in FS9 and SCENERY LIBRARY...-Click the scenery you want to add-Click OK-It will go into the sub directory-Click the "up one level" button-Repeat until all you files are added! Being able to keep adding to FS2004 is really important to me since I like to fly all over the world. Anyone know any tricks that could help? Is 1,090 the most entries the scenery library can take? Best regards...Duncan PS When I add to the top of the list the airport shows about 30 lines down in the library every time.
To the best of my knowledge there is no limit to the number of entries in FS2004 but the display within the FS2004 library area does seem to limit the number displayed. Its certainly worth checking your actual scenery and the scenery.cfg file to see if it is really there after all. Otherwise you could manually update the scenery.cfg file or use a third-party utility to do so. John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

HelloI would recommend using Hans Hartmanns SCM2004 Scenery management tool for a more comfortable way to manage your scenery confighttp://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004util&DLID=45936

I went ahead and used the third party utility to add the scenery and it worked great. Although I did end up using the Addit Pro available in the library so I could preserve my layer order (my scenery was meticulously organized by ICAO code so I didn't want to lose all that hard work!) I am most grateful gentlemen thank you! Best regards..Duncan

I went ahead and used the third party utility to add the scenery and it worked great. Although I did end up using the Addit Pro available in the library so I could preserve my layer order (my scenery was meticulously organized by ICAO code so I didn't want to lose all that hard work!) I am most grateful gentlemen thank you! Best regards..Duncan
HelloIn SCM2004 try highlighting blocks of scenery entries and move them up and down in priority, a great timesaver.

It's funny now to look back and remember how much time it took me to shuffle around my scenery entries inside the FS9 library (well...up until two days ago anyway!). Wish I found out about the 'easy' way ages ago!Best regards....Duncan

HelloI would recommend using Hans Hartmanns SCM2004 Scenery management tool for a more comfortable way to manage your scenery confighttp://library.avsim...util&DLID=45936
Thanks so much for letting us know about this addon :( . It saves my time a lot. Before I just did all by hand and it took me lots and lots of time.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Strangely I hit the same problem only this week. I discovered, as John Hinson says, there is apparently no real limit, though the library has an upper capacity of around 1090 which it can display. I had to delete a scenery and did it via editing the scenery.cfg, something I usually avoid. So - thanks to Mad Dog for the heads-up on the scenery manager!

I used some years this tool and was very happy with it. In between I use another freeware tool: FS Scenery Manager for FS 2004 1.8 you can group your sceneries (like in folders) by continents or countries or what ever you want and activate/deactivate these groups by just one click!

There's always my tool: SceneryConfigEditor.http://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/files or sceneryconfigeditor in the avsim file library.