Sign in to follow this  
Von Rondstadd

Star help ?

Hello, When I fly a flightplan I get a SID from ATC ! That works great. But I never get a STAR from ATC for the landing! Can anybody help and tell me how to get a STAR ???? Kind regards!

Hello, When I fly a flightplan I get a SID from ATC ! That works great. But I never get a STAR from ATC for the landing! Can anybody help and tell me how to get a STAR ???? Kind regards!
What is the exact flight plan?

What is the exact flight plan?
For example flightplan Leib (Ibiza) to LGAV (Athens).And last waypoint is nemes same as beginning star !!!!Don't know why Atc does not give me the star!I can see the star NEME1C for landing runway ILS03RY in the FMC Level D 767 !!!!

Hi, this has to do with the fact that the first waypoint of the STAR in that case (I don't remember if it's a transition one) is very close to the target airport (LGAV). In this case once you reach there you will already have been handed over to approach control before having any chance to be assigned the STAR. Don't know if this is actually a limitation of Vox, however in RL LGAV controllers rarely assign a STAR to a incoming aircraft either (vectoring starts early 20-30nm before reaching NEMES). Hope this helps Kostas

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

Thanks, But NEMES is my last waypoint in the plan and if I look at the stars one of them is called NEME1C and starts at NEMES !http://www.e-haf.org...AV.Jeppesen.pdfPage 14 !So what am I doing wrong than ???? Kind regards!
You, nothing. It's the way VoxAtc works. This is specific to airports where the "approach controller radius" contains the first STAR waypoint. Once the approach controller is in charge, he won't be able to assign you a STAR. He just vectors you (or you can opt for the full ILS procedure). Relism? Bug? Don't know. Call it whatever you like, but it's the way it works (and I can verify this behavior too- in LGAV). Try another destination (LSGG comes to mind and many others) and you will be assigned a STAR for sure. Regards,Kostas

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

Never had this 'bug' before with the Approach Controller range negating a STAR clearance. Has this been reported to VoxATC anyone?

Never had this 'bug' before with the Approach Controller range negating a STAR clearance. Has this been reported to VoxATC anyone?
I have contact with VoxAtc for several days now and they are still looking at it!When they sort it out I will report it back here ! Robert

Hello,Here is my report!I don't know why but my flight worked fine!Did a AIRAC 1111 update and a Magnetic variation update!http://hsors.pagespe...fr/navaids.htmlMy flightplan changed a little bit !With the help off Tegwyn who send me a VoxATC Tool and used it to collect a log !Send him my fsx plan and my Level D B767 plan!I was given a SID and after starting the decend I was given the STAR NEMES1C!Because I don't want vectors and descent instructions, as soon as I have tuned the radio to Athens Approach, I made a request for full ILS03R approach!!!!.Question about ruwway LGAV 03R: Why can I choose in Level D B767 FMC runway ILS03R.Y or ILS03.Z ????Where do the Y and Z stand for ????http://www.fly-sea.com/charts/LGAV.pdfAll worked well for me!Robert

Hello,Here is my report!I don't know why but my flight worked fine!Did a AIRAC 1111 update and a Magnetic variation update!http://hsors.pagespe...fr/navaids.htmlMy flightplan changed a little bit !With the help off Tegwyn who send me a VoxATC Tool and used it to collect a log !Send him my fsx plan and my Level D B767 plan!I was given a SID and after starting the decend I was given the STAR NEMES1C!Because I don't want vectors and descent instructions, as soon as I have tuned the radio to Athens Approach, I made a request for full ILS03R approach!!!!.Question about ruwway LGAV 03R: Why can I choose in Level D B767 FMC runway ILS03R.Y or ILS03.Z ????Where do the Y and Z stand for ????http://www.fly-sea.com/charts/LGAV.pdfAll worked well for me!Robert
Robert,ILS Y and Z (Yankee and Zulu) is often used when there is more than one approach of the same type to the same runway(s) at the same airport for various reasons.They may sometimes differ in Minimums.

Robert,ILS Y and Z (Yankee and Zulu) is often used when there is more than one approach of the same type to the same runway(s) at the same airport for various reasons.They may sometimes differ in Minimums.
Oké but how do I know which one to choose??

Oké but how do I know which one to choose??
Well, looking at these charts it seems that the ILS Y is only to be used when the KEA VOR DME is unserviceable.Also DME is required for ILS Y, but this should not be a problem for you.So I would probably punch in ILS Z in the Flight computer as the correct procedure.