Sign in to follow this  
b_kimoun

Pitch change ( pitching up) at thrust increase.

Hi all, Can you please explain to me why aircrafts pitch up as thrust is increased? As you all know, at level flight, when thrust is increased, the aircraft piches up and starts climbing at an increasing speed.Precisely, I would like to understand where does the pitching moment come from, because even when I locate the engines at (0,0,0) and cg at (0,0,0) ( reference being also (0,0,0)), the pitching up occurs at thrust increase. Moreover, I notice that all the aerodynamic equations dealing with longitudinal stability and neutral point I have seen, do not refer to any pitching moment due thrust or drag. Thank you very much.

Hi all, Can you please explain to me why aircrafts pitch up as thrust is increased?  As you all know, at level flight, when thrust is increased, the aircraft piches up and starts climbing at an increasing speed.Precisely, I would like to understand where does the pitching moment come from, because even when I locate the engines at (0,0,0)  and cg at (0,0,0) ( reference being also (0,0,0)), the pitching up occurs at thrust increase. Moreover, I notice that all the aerodynamic equations dealing with longitudinal stability and neutral point I have  seen, do not refer to any pitching moment due thrust or drag. Thank you very much.
Where are the engines compared to the wings? If UNDER the wings, then there's your pitching moment, which is why ramping up the engines is not a sufficient response, or often even an appropriate one, when you get the stall warning.Tim

Hi & thanks alot, I wrote that even when I locate the engines and cg at the origin (0,0,0)(fs2004 aircraft), the pitching up at thrust increase is still there. There is no thrust arm with respect to the cg, so where does the pitching moment due thrust increase come from?

Pitching up occurs as the speed increases.