Sign in to follow this  
ljfitzy

My computer specs! Any ideas

Hey all!'My computer:i7 950 @ 3.20 ghz (over clocked)12 gb RAM2x nvidea 470 cards running SLI1x1tb hdd only with windows and fsx and fsx addons installed1x2 gb hdd for backups.I fly in aust using ftx scenery and now using the NGX I'm getting frame rates between 5- 12 fps at airports using all the reccomended settings! I even changed the screen res to 16 bit colours?Does anyone here know how I can get better performance out of this "top of the range machine"Getting slightly over it!?

One thing I would say, I gained performance by actually taking out my second ATI Radeon 5770, and working FSX off only one GPU. For some reason, I couldn't get anything for frames with x2.Also, are you running DX10 or DX9 mode, and full screen or Windowed.......

Remove (or disable) one card. FSX cant use SLI and have two cards will take from the RAM available to FSX.

I've tried taking the 2nd graphics card out, but it got worse?!I believe it's dx10?And I'm using it full screened!?

I found DX10 only makes my computer slap me out of my chair. Try turning it off. Plus, you will get less anomalies.Also, I believe that you will need to redo your. Cfg after you take out or disable your sli....cause fsx will mark it in the cfg. I could be wrong, but that's what I did.What are your in game settings....list them out.

Hey all!' My computer: i7 950 @ 3.20 ghz (over clocked)12 gb RAM2x nvidea 470 cards running SLI1x1tb hdd only with windows and fsx and fsx addons installed1x2 gb hdd for backups. I fly in aust using ftx scenery and now using the NGX I'm getting frame rates between 5- 12 fps at airports using all the reccomended settings! I even changed the screen res to 16 bit colours? Does anyone here know how I can get better performance out of this "top of the range machine" Getting slightly over it!?
Liam try this http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

John C

Dear Liam. 3.2Ghz is not enough for running FSX at over 15fps especially when using addon airports. 1xGTX470 is OK, but you need faster CPU. Try to reach 4.0GHz or more there you will see the difference. Peter

Dear Liam. 3.2Ghz is not enough for running FSX at over 15fps especially when using addon airports. 1xGTX470 is OK, but you need faster CPU. Try to reach 4.0GHz or more there you will see the difference. Peter
That's not true. At stock clock (3.4ghz), 5996x1080 windowed vc, Rex & orbx @ ksea, 4096 textures, i was getting 17-30 with the cdu undocked on a 4th accessory monitor.Edit: During testing they had people running it smoothly on core2duo systems.

Your CDU are ok Liam (3.2Ghz), but that CPU you could overclock if you also have a good cpu cooler.You should be able to reach at least 4Ghz and that makes a diffr in FPS./ Leffe

Hey all!' My computer: i7 950 @ 3.20 ghz (over clocked)12 gb RAM2x nvidea 470 cards running SLI1x1tb hdd only with windows and fsx and fsx addons installed1x2 gb hdd for backups. I fly in aust using ftx scenery and now using the NGX I'm getting frame rates between 5- 12 fps at airports using all the reccomended settings! I even changed the screen res to 16 bit colours? Does anyone here know how I can get better performance out of this "top of the range machine" Getting slightly over it!?
I thought you already posted in the hardware forum.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I thought you already posted in the hardware forum.
Hello, could u link me to the hardware forum your talking about, because I was told to go to the hardware forum for my issues/questions and I type in hardware in the search box and get 40 pages of all kinds of urelated stuff. Im ready to build a pc to run fsx at high settings and have no clue as to what components to buy. If anyone could help/suggest what works for them please respond/PM or whatever. Thanks

Hello, could u link me to the hardware forum your talking about, because I was told to go to the hardware forum for my issues/questions and I type in hardware in the search box and get 40 pages of all kinds of urelated stuff. Im ready to build a pc to run fsx at high settings and have no clue as to what components to buy. If anyone could help/suggest what works for them please respond/PM or whatever. Thanks
Here you go.....http://forum.avsim.net/forum/325-hardware-discussions// Leffe