Sign in to follow this  
ljfitzy

Computer performance issues on fsx with a "top of the range" machibe

Hey all!'My computer:i7 950 @ 3.20 ghz (over clocked)12 gb RAM2x nvidea 470 cards running SLI1x1tb hdd only with windows and fsx and fsx addons installed1x2 gb hdd for backups.I fly in aust using ftx scenery and now using the NGX I'm getting frame rates between 5- 12 fps at airports using all the reccomended settings! I even changed the screen res to 16 bit colours?Does anyone here know how I can get better performance out of this "top of the range machine"Getting slightly over it!?

Two problems off the bat. Your CPU clock speed is too low, you'll get best results with planes like the NGX and FTX running 4ghz or better.Your second problem is the SLI since FSX doesn't take advantage of that and often can hurt performance unless your running multiple monitors or super high resolutions.Have you tried tuning using NickN's setup guide over at the GEX forum at simforums.com or Bojotes auto cfg tweaker?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator