Sign in to follow this  
StuartMcIntyre

strange freeze then un-freeze problem

hey guys, i was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as i am. i have found that on approach the aircraft will freeze for about a second then unfreeze for about 2-3 seconds, once it has started this cycle will not stop. i experienced it once before when flying into a heavy scenery airport and thought it was just because of the scenery but last night i was flying into default scenery and the same problem happened again. its not the biggest problem in the world but after completing a long time its a bit of a waste when you get to the end! i have checked that it has nothing to do with squawkbox or any other 3rd party addon. does anyone have any suggestions?

As mentioned above, make sure fsx is excluded from any active virus scans. If you have the paid fsuipc make sure autosave is disabled, that is known to cause intermittent panel freezes.

Are you using Squawkbox or any other program on a networked configuration with SimConnect?

Kyle Rodgers

My machine is virus free, I've excluded Fsx from active monitoring from anti virus, I do run squawkbox but even after exiting all of these third party programs Fsx will still freeze and then unfreeze, if I click a button on the panel during the freeze it will function when its unfreezed and the freezing has only occured on final approach, my guess is something to do with the autoland as I was performing one on the night in question. Every single other landing I have done has been manual ;)Also I don't have a networked configuration, its all on the one machine and I dont have full fsuipc just the free one

Have you installed hotfix 4? I'm pretty sure part of it addresses these panel freezes.

Sometimes this can be cause by the autosave in FSUIPC !! Just a thought.
Yup. That and if you use Antilag. In particular Antilag's RenderAheadLimit option. It should be off (0 [zero])!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Sometimes this can be cause by the autosave in FSUIPC !! Just a thought.
Yes, I thought that as well, but he said e doesn't have the paid version.

I don't have hf4 I'm still using hf3 until the service pack comes out, its not the panel freezing its the whole sim that freezes, and it has only happened on approach and continues after landing.I'm not using antilag or ut2 as you can tell its got me puzzled. The 2 airports that it has happened at were mega airport Madrid (which is why I thought it was the scenery causing it) and also default Geneva where the scenery really shouldn't cause an issueMy suspicion is that it has something to do with the fail/op autoland so ill go and do some testing and see if the same problem exists

I had the issue with the whole sim freezing and it was an issue with SimConnect. The whole thing froze, not just the rendering.

Kyle Rodgers

If you have the paid fsuipc make sure autosave is disabled, that is known to cause intermittent panel freezes.
It is? I have it on and it doesn't freeze mine.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

It is? I have it on and it doesn't freeze mine.
Intermittent being the key word in that sentence.