Sign in to follow this  
cmeeks

[Bit-Tech] All About Ivy Bridge

The practical implications are that 3D transistors can either consume 50 per cent less power for the same performance, or deliver 37 per cent more performance for the same power, or some balance of performance and power within those limits.
SOURCE

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Download: FSXMark11 Benchmark and post results here

Very promisingAnd 2000MHz available for memory. Little cool detail there

Guest jahman

Yes! 3D (a.k.a. "TriGate") will be a quantum leap forward in performance (pun intended). IB will be terrific, together with PCIe 3 (2x the BW of PCIe 2) etc, etc. Cheers, - jahman.

I suppose I'll just make this thread my go-to place to dump any news regarding Ivy Bridge... According to Intel, Ivy Bridge has already begun volume production. March or April release has been rumored all along and again it's confirmed in this article. SOURCE & SOURCE

Corey Meeks

Flight Simulator - FS2020 | CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Video Card - Sapphire RX 5700 XT Main Board - ASUS ROG Strix X570-I mini-ITX | RAM - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 2x16Gb DDR4 3600Mhz CL16 | Monitor - DELL 38" U3818DW (3840x1600) | Case - Cooler Master NR200 | CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U12A | Power Supply - Corsair SF750 | 6x Phanteks T30 120x30mm Fans

Memory improvements (mobile CPUs only) Finally, Intel has also upgraded the dual-channel DDR3 memory controller of mobile Ivy Bridge to accept ultra-low voltage DDR3, or DDR3L. This is a sensible move, as we found that low-voltage memory is a great way to shave 4-19W from your power draw. That may not sound like much, but some Sandy Bridge CPUs have TDPs well within that range. Another reason for the move was the fact that memory is sometimes mounted on the rear of laptop motherboards, and that DDR3L memory will result in cooler laptop bottoms and human laps. If you want to use DDR3L memory in a desktop system, it’s down to the motherboard to support the low voltages. Intel has also tweaked the memory controller unit of mobile Ivy Bridge CPUs to switch off the DDR I/O to save power when idle, and also switch off the On-Die Termination (ODT) of the memory to reduce peal power consumption.As well as this, Intel has upgraded the memory overclocking capabilities of the Ivy Bridge memory controller, which we’ll talk about next.
Nothing too specific, but I bet 1.50v is recommended similarly to Sandy Bridge.

Corey Meeks