Sign in to follow this  
Paul Deemer

NGX sounds

Hi Guys I was recording and publishing a movie the other day with FRAPs and Vegas and found out the following. Always had this rumbling sound no matter how much I fine tuned the NGX sound settings. Of course if your turn off FSX Sounds it also turns off all sounds including the NGX. So what I did was go into FSX sounds and move all the sliders to the left. This way only the NGX sounds are playing and you can control all those from the NGX FMC.

But wouldn't AI aircraft sounds be muted as well? And what rumbling are you talking about?

Well I am almost deaf but I have some good speakers and wanted to make some NGX Movies with sound for youtube. The rumbling is the outside engines and it does not matter where you are its always way loud and overpowers the NGX engine sounds. I was experiencing this when recording an external movie of the NGX on approach to PASI. Soon as I moved the FSX sliders to the left I only got the NGX sounds then. As for the rest of what you said that may be true. Was just posting this for anyone that was making movies and did not want the FSX sounds over powering the NGX sounds. Try it out and see how it works out for you.

I saw this topic and would have bet money somebody was complaining about the engines being louder or quieter than a YouTube video.Blast you and your useful information!! Lol

Hi Paul,This does not work for me. As soon as i slide the fsx sounds to the left i lose all engine sounds.I only hear the hydraulic sound in external view.Maybe there is something wrong with my sound setup.

Hi Paul, This does not work for me. As soon as i slide the fsx sounds to the left i lose all engine sounds.I only hear the hydraulic sound in external view.Maybe there is something wrong with my sound setup
. I think I know why you can not hear the sounds. You did not go in and adjust the NGX Volume Levels. I just went back in there to test it again and found the Master NGX volume at 50 percent by default and all the sounds were set at 0? Weird. Anyway go into the NGX FMC Click on SETUP - OPTIONS - SOUNDS Set Master Volume to 100 Then click on adjust Volume Levels and set those all to 100 and Viola! Big%20Grin.gif Make sure you dont tick off that check mark in FSX next to Sound which is above Settings. I think the command is Q and if you hit that it will turn all Sounds off regardless of what makes them. Just use the sliders like I said above and slide them all to the left for FSX sounds and go into the NGX FMC and ajust the volume levels. Wait till you hear the Reversers come on at Full Power in external view! LOUD!

Hi paul, Still no joy. Did exactly what you said. Set master volume ngx to 100 in fmc. Adjusted the different levels to 100.Slided the FSX sound sliders to the left.Result: no engine sounds at all. I have the realtek hd audio setup as stereo because i have no 5.1 setupWhat is also strange is that my external sounds like the fuel pump and hydraulic pumps are very loud.They are also there if i am on tower view and the aircraft is high in the sky. No engine sounds though, as it should be.It looks like the engine sounds are controlled by FSX and the pumps are controlled by the NGX software.You can hear the pumps in whatever view you are in. Maybe this is by design or not, i don't know but its not very realistic.Can sombody confirm this behaviour?ThxWilliam schoenmakers

Never mind I went back in and read the part in the manual with the suggested settings. Looks like you should just use what they have and the FSX sound settings need to be around 50 percent. But you can always customize both FSX and the NGX settings to your particular needs.

Guys, Here are some suggestions. 1) All the engine sounds are controlled by the FSX engine sound slider - set this to 50. 2) All the PMDG custom sounds (pretty much everything except the engines and wind sound) are controlled by the Master Volume in the FMC - set this to 50. If you cannot hear any engine sounds then you need to debug - first thing is goto the FMC and turn off ALL PMDG sounds by setting the FMC master volume to ZERO. Now all you should hear are the engines. If you cannot hear the engines now then you have a sound card config issue - most likely the default sound card is not configured to playback FSX sounds OR you have connected the speakers to the wrong output on the back of your soundcard. Hope that helps.

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

If recording audio for videos, I'd rather reduce the recording level, than mess withthe FS settings. The rumble you hear on outside views is from that sound overloadingthe input of the sound card. You can lower that level, and exactly match the normallevel you hear in the sim at some point. I know on mine, it's quite easy for FSX tooverload the sound card if I have the recording level too high. Lately, I've beenkeeping mine at about 35%..You can adjust it with Volume Control, and choosing the primary input levels.The channel name can vary.. On my present card, "stereo mix" is the one I adjust.But some cards call it "wave" I think.