Sign in to follow this  
beethamwest

The wonders of NYC

Well and the 2FPS i get when making this image! I hope my rig i am building managers20FPS or higher! Enjoy. greatnyc.jpg PS any way to emove the duplicated (mis placed) tower over in Brooklyn? The 1 with sloped roof... Same problem with 8 Canada square in London.Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#####!!!!!! Stunning

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Cheers guys. Now i just have to hope i can build a rig capable of running these visuals at a 'decent' rate.

Aerosoft's Manhattan X (updated to V 1.2 i think to improve FPS and little bugs) I also have REX, GEX and UTX installed, as well as every setting on MAX.

WOW great shot seems FSX is not only there to capture aircraft, Stunning shot!!!!

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

This doesn't look like FSX at all...1) Aerosoft buildings don't have blue lighting2) Where does ground lighting come from? - especially that very bright light patch?3) The whole atmo... somehow wrong...

I can assure you, it is FSX. I set it to dawn in the time settings. Allowed Shade_NL to load after REX had opened up FSX to load the weather. All i have installed is FSX Acceleration, Ultimate terrain, Ground Enviro X and Manhattan X. The image is not even photoshopped.

I can assure you, it is FSX. I set it to dawn in the time settings. Allowed Shade_NL to load after REX had opened up FSX to load the weather. All i have installed is FSX Acceleration, Ultimate terrain, Ground Enviro X and Manhattan X. The image is not even photoshopped.
I figured out it's dawn. But for the life of me, I can't get it to what you have. Not even nearly. Could you write up exact settings? What set it UT, if anything changed? GEX default install? Which textures in REX? Do you have the situation saved? And still, in the end, how did you get blue lighting on the buildings?

The situation took ages to position as every single FSX slider was maxed out. I am only on an m15x Alienware so FPS were below 10! Ultimate Terrain X is just installed original, as is Ground Environment X. I have attached an image of my REX 'theme' Maybe the unusual? appearance is a bug more than it looking great, although i do agree about the blue lighting, not something i noticed when i last visited NYC for real. PS note my wallpaper of Hong Kong, that is Flytampa's Kai Tak, same environment, Sim City 4 type of scenery. rextheme.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

And the pic is awesome, don't understand me wrong! I just don't get why is it so different... you sure it's not X-Plane or Flight or something like that? biggrin.png And btw. if you are looking forward to the new system: I'm pulling 30 at the same situation. Just different colors :) The REX you have, this isn't Overdrive latest version. This is something else. The one here is the latest to my knowledge:

Ahh! I have no idea then. I have created 3 images after installing scenery (Nice Cote D'azur, HK and NYC) All give the same type of environment when set as dawn, with full maxed out settings. If my new build PC can handle it (i5 2500k, 560ti, 8gb 1600 RAM) i will be on FSX many many hours! rextheme2.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us PS sorry for breaking forum rules regarding images in additional posts.

Steffen's big boy, he's gonna take it ;-) (he can also delete them, purpose was to clarify something) Arrrgh, this just makes me angry, that I can't find the reason why you have such different atmosphere and lighting, especially ground and buildings. What Shade Profile are you using, did you change it from default?