Sign in to follow this  
jbassue

interesting Topic

Well, people've been asking for any ACARS functionality since day one, it's nothing new basically. Just the question if it's feasible. Also, in this case it would only make sense it the winds are actually present in FS as well. sig.gif

Well, people've been asking for any ACARS functionality since day one, it's nothing new basically. Just the question if it's feasible. Also, in this case it would only make sense it the winds are actually present in FS as well. sig.gif
Pure speculation on my part here, but maybe it would be feasible to open access to this part of FMC to external software providers, such as HiFi, such that their ASE can upload the weather data directly into FMC basing on the route information read from the FMC.

Yep, once externals come in it all depends on thousands of factors that have to be determined. But sure would be a killer feature. sig.gif

I agree, it would be a nice feature on the NGX
I bet will be included in NGX Service Pack 2015