Sign in to follow this  
Buzz313th

Selective FSX Startup

I believe I read somewhere that there is a Fsx.cfg entry that would force the trusted dlls to be manually allowed every time that fsx is booted up. I am trying to squeeze every bit of performance outa FSX that I can and I believe that selectively allowing only necessary dlls to run for specific sessions may free up some system resources.Does anyone know the cfg file entry that would force manual approval of the 3rd party addon dlls?ThanksJB

Your probably right on most of the dlls but I can already name about a dozen or so addon dlls that have taken away a bit of performance and run from the start of fsx regardless. Do you happen to know of the cfg file entry that would force a selective startup?JB

There was some talk about this a couple of weeks ago. I believe they had two dll.XML files. One with everything in it for general fsx usage and a second version for ngx ngx with other dll entries removed. They would then switch the files according to what they wanted to fly.I'm pretty sure that's how it was, but a forum search may prove me wrong.

all addons and tools that start up when launching FSX are controlled under dll.XML and exe.XML.fsx.cfg has nothing to do with those apart from marking dll files as trusted.both files are located at :%appdata%\Microsoft\FSX

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Hope I understood your question correctly. If you go into your FSX.CFG file, remove all of the entries under "Trusted". FSX will rebuild the trusted list each time you start it. Start FSX and then select NO to the ones that you don't want to allow to run and/or be available when you start FSX. The next time you start FSX< you'll be asked to allow them again. Correct about the DLL.XML, for selective addon programs and modules, but I would try leaving it alone for now. Hope this helps.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hope I understood your question correctly. If you go into your FSX.CFG file, remove all of the entries under "Trusted". FSX will rebuild the trusted list each time you start it. Start FSX and then select NO to the ones that you don't want to allow to run and/or be available when you start FSX. The next time you start FSX< you'll be asked to allow them again. Correct about the DLL.XML, for selective addon programs and modules, but I would try leaving it alone for now. Hope this helps.
Yeah you did understand me correctly. Besides deleting all the trusted entries every time, I thought there was a config line that forced a reset of the list without having to edit the FSXcfg file every time. JB