Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

IRS alignment timer

Hello I saw something a while back where by someone said the IRS alignment process has a timer to alignment I have never seen a timer for the alignment, does it exist, thanks

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Yes there is: on the IRS panel there should be a rotary just underneath where the numbers should be in yellow? Turn that to the leftmost position (but not the test position).

cool thanks

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

does not work for me, i dont see any numbers in yellow, only numbers I see are when selecting far right switch detent any they are 0 8

Wayne such

PMDG NGX FCOM Vol. 2, page 818 : " HDG/STS –• left window displays present true heading• right window displays any applicable maintenance status codes• during alignment, right window displays minutes remaining until alignment is complete. For alignments greater than 15 minutes, the window displays 15 until the time remaining reaches 14 minutes. The display then counts down in one minute intervals. " So if you move the display selector to "HDG/STS" position during alignment, you should read time remaining before end of alignment.

Yvan PERO - LH450

YvanPERO.png

thanks should read the F&*^&*%* manual

Wayne such

Yep!I didn't want to say it because often I get run over for saying it..But needless to say, it still applies more often than people dare to admit.

i like every body else gets lazy my apologies and thanks for your troubles

Wayne such

Nice view of what I pasted from the FCOM !!

Yvan PERO - LH450

YvanPERO.png