Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

Captain sim 757 version 4.5 has been released

Thanks for the heads up on that, off to get it myself

Chris Howard

Do let everyone know if it improves anything. I bought it when it first came out but haven't bothered reinstalling due to the ongoing bugs. The QW 757 is a worthy leader for 757 fans right now imho. Regards Adam

757 is a good plane but it has a lot of bugs. i hope they fixed them at this time.

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

I hope the Level-D comes soon.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest firehawk44

I downloaded and installed it. It runs very nice with some realistic sounds. Glad to see they continue to work on it and make it better. Best regards,Jim

Finally! Feels like I've been waiting for ages. Time to go decide whether to install the CS757 or QW757. Thanks for the HU!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I´ve totaly forgot that plane. Liked it very much but the fuel usage bug had been very annoying.But sadly i´ll have to wait some time till I get it. bought the boxed version by JustPlanes. Gonne have to wait till they have it on their server.

Guest firehawk44

I might have spoken too soon when I said earlier it runs very nice. Flew a flight from LAX to SFO and the CDU/FMC Legs Page had me at FL280 at Menlo at a speed of 315, less than 30 miles from RW 28L. Fortunately I saw this early enough and began descent around Carmel via the VNAV page. When I did get down to Menlo and the flight path was captured, I had Land3 and the aircraft landed perfectly. I don't recall having this problem on the earlier version but it has been a long time since I flew this aircraft. I'm sure it was something I had done wrong programming the CDU/FMC. It's an old aircraft with really old equipment and I'm spoiled with the later tech of the 737NGX. Best regards,Jim

Installed it last night, but will probably only get to fly it on saturday. Really curious about it, though.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

My experience so far, is not bad until on approach. When on an ILS approach (Autoland) the plane appears to lose track of the localizer and starts to search by banking left then right. This progressively gets worse the further into the approach, ending with the plane out of control on landing. This plane had this problem before in the early 4.X releases, but was fine in version 4.4. Looks like the problem is back. On more positive notes, The plane seems able now to keep a fairly accurate descent profile in VNAV, Sounds are much improved, except curious, on the GPWS 1000ft callout, instead of reporting "One Thousand" it calls out "Ten Hundred". They did fix the problem I reported, which was the hotspot for the side window being the whole window, which made it easy to accidentally open it when answering ATC or FSUIPC messages, while at altitude. Now the hotspot is only on the handle itself. The speed bug on the MCP now blanks out with VNAV as it should but still can't be overwritten in the VC. It can however be done in the 2D panel by right clicking the speed knob. Another issue is you can't arm LNAV and VNAV before engaging the AP. Once the AP is engaged the LNAV and VNAV disarms, which you then have to re-engage. So for me, the only real show stopper (and it's a big one) is the Approach/Autoland problem, hopefully they'll come out with a hot fix for that.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

LNAV/VNAV engaged just fine for me on the ground before takeoff. I did notice the swaying on approach, but I disconnected the autopilot once I had the runway in sight and made a normal landing. Overall, I have to say that they did improve a large amount of things on this aircraft. It appears to now have a functioning pressurization system, the sounds are much improved, and I didn't have to make any aircraft.cfg edits.

I thought I'd give it one last go. I set it all up using the 2D panel including setting the heading to runway heading. I then changed to the VC for take off to find the heading knob and the numbers in the heading window whizzing round at top speed uncontrollably along with the heading line on the ND. No amount of clicking in either VC or 2D would stop it. I just deleted the whole thing, the NGX is just too good. John

Guest firehawk44
My experience so far, is not bad until on approach. When on an ILS approach (Autoland) the plane appears to lose track of the localizer and starts to search by banking left then right. This progressively gets worse the further into the approach, ending with the plane out of control on landing. This plane had this problem before in the early 4.X releases, but was fine in version 4.4. Looks like the problem is back. On more positive notes, The plane seems able now to keep a fairly accurate descent profile in VNAV, Sounds are much improved, except curious, on the GPWS 1000ft callout, instead of reporting "One Thousand" it calls out "Ten Hundred". They did fix the problem I reported, which was the hotspot for the side window being the whole window, which made it easy to accidentally open it when answering ATC or FSUIPC messages, while at altitude. Now the hotspot is only on the handle itself. The speed bug on the MCP now blanks out with VNAV as it should but still can't be overwritten in the VC. It can however be done in the 2D panel by right clicking the speed knob. Another issue is you can't arm LNAV and VNAV before engaging the AP. Once the AP is engaged the LNAV and VNAV disarms, which you then have to re-engage. So for me, the only real show stopper (and it's a big one) is the Approach/Autoland problem, hopefully they'll come out with a hot fix for that.
Well, see? I got exactly the opposite issue - great Approach/Autoland with 3 Green but an extremely inaccurate descent profile. Why are you re-engaging the LNAV/VNAV after hitting the APP? The APP takes over the landing. The LNAV/VNAV MUST be disengaged once the flight path has been captured and the APP takes over. Best regards,Jim

Well, see? I got exactly the opposite issue - great Approach/Autoland with 3 Green but an extremely inaccurate descent profile. Why are you re-engaging the LNAV/VNAV after hitting the APP? The APP takes over the landing. The LNAV/VNAV MUST be disengaged once the flight path has been captured and the APP takes over. Best regards,Jim
I'm talking about the Autopilot (AP) after takeoff not the Approach. (APP). Normally I would arm LNAV and VNAV before engaging the AP. This works with all my complex models including ver 4.4 and the NGX, but when I engage the AP with this version The LNAV and VNAV disengages I then have to re-engage it. Not a big deal, but the not the way I believe it's suppose to work. (Based on other Boeing aircraft)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d