Sign in to follow this  
Stephanovic

Engines dont start properly, very strange problem

I need help. I'm experiencing very strange engine startup problems. Here is what happens. I recently bought & installed the 737 PMDG and made a couple succesful flights (well, in terms of properly working software :) and starting the engines never caused a problem following the correct procedures. Then a couple of days ago after preparing the plane, programming the FMC, etc, the engines seemed to start but when i increased thrust nothing happened, so i increased thrust even more, still nothing only an alarm went off. I checked the engine display which showed normal values of 20.7% N1, 415 EGT, 61% N2 and 0.65 FF. I shut the engines down and tried a restart. Restarting showed again proper engine values but no increase in thrust whatsoever, also when increasing thrust N1 doesnt move at all, although the thrust levers in the VC do move! Also an alarm in the cockpit goes off when increasing thrust even more. I've tested with other planes and the thrust lever of my joystick does work. The problem i have can also be heard. When outside of the plane you can hear the engines spooling up but when i move the camera behind the engines no jetblast is heard and they become a little bit more quiet after auto cut-off, like they are spinning without fuel. Also in the cockpit you hear all the engine sounds except the last part of "up and running". I've tried every startup checklist i could find on internet, most recent the one from Tom Risager but without any result. I even did a fresh install of the plane and the first flight the engines started as they should but now again they wont anymore. I dont know what to do anymore and i couldnt find any answer on the internet. Does anybody have any idea what is wrong?

Do you have any other gaming devices like, Racing wheels plugged into your computer? I read that with the Aerosoft Airbus X It worked if you only have your Joystick plugged in... But this is PMDG and I know for a fact that PMDG are very precise when it comes too problems like that. All is ok for me I haven't had any problems with it, and that's with only one Hotfix. If that isn't the problem then Im sure you will get help very fast around here...

Try reloading the cold and dark panel state?
Tried it, no result....
Do you have any other gaming devices like, Racing wheels plugged into your computer? I read that with the Aerosoft Airbus X It worked if you only have your Joystick plugged in... But this is PMDG and I know for a fact that PMDG are very precise when it comes too problems like that. All is ok for me I haven't had any problems with it, and that's with only one Hotfix. If that isn't the problem then Im sure you will get help very fast around here...
Nope, I've only got my Saitek X52 pro plugged in.

I have had this happen once or twice. Both times an FSX reload fixed the issue. May be coincidental, but both times I also switched from a different aircraft I was flying prior to starting the NGX

I have had this problem also, but I attribute it to a hot start, as I sometimes start my engines, and forget to engage the fuel cutoff switch at line 1.7% N1, and have to restart, I ALWAYS get this problem.

Disable FSUIPC and see what happens?Do the keyboard thrust controls work?
Everything works, keyboard, joystick, mousemove the thrustlever. That aint the problem. The engines just dont start, it sounds like they are spinning without fuel despite correct engine values being reported. Do you think disabling FSUIPC might work even though the fact i do not have a problem with the controls?
I have had this happen once or twice. Both times an FSX reload fixed the issue. May be coincidental, but both times I also switched from a different aircraft I was flying prior to starting the NGX
Reloading fsx/panel state/short & long startup, nothing makes a difference!
I have had this problem also, but I attribute it to a hot start, as I sometimes start my engines, and forget to engage the fuel cutoff switch at line 1.7% N1, and have to restart, I ALWAYS get this problem.
I wish this was the problem :)

Have you checked for duplicate key assignments?
I dont use any keyboard or joystick button to start up the engines, everything via the VC. But to answer your question, i checked and haven't.

After many hours of investigating i have found when the error occurs. The engines give me this problem when trying to start them at any of my addon airports (HK Kai Tak, HK Chek Lap Kok and Singapore Changi). When on any of the FSX default airports the engines start the way they should start. Having narrowed it down to here anybody out there who has any idea what's causing this?

Greeting,Same problem here. Tap F3, you see the throttles move up accordingly, but engine does not spool up. I last tried it out of KSLC. I decided to wait and not fly the bird until SP1.-Todd

-Todd

Hello Stephan,I tried also with the Kai Tak Scenery, and don't get the same issue. (but I did get a CTD when I loaded up Kai Tak in the free flight section first). I was at the default runway.Was there a partular gate?I have the latest hotfix installed

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Update: I installed SP1 after a fresh install of the NGX. Same issue as original poster. Has anyone got a fix for it?

-Todd

Probably a dumb question but are the chocks removed, and parking brakes off?