Sign in to follow this  
nandrews

FSX gets to Loading complete and thats all

I have recently returned to FSX after many months absence, but am disappointed to find it no longer runs!I can start it and select my scenario, but after it gets to 100% 'Loading complete' it doesn't go any further. I have made only a few changes to the PC since it last worked. The biggest is adding Nvidia 3D Vision and a 3D monitor. The 3D kicks in and displays the aircraft preview in 3D when I am making my selections. Have I missed some updates or patches to FSX since I have been away from the scene so long? Or can anyone suggest what's going wrong? ThanksNigel

I have recently returned to FSX after many months absence, but am disappointed to find it no longer runs!I can start it and select my scenario, but after it gets to 100% 'Loading complete' it doesn't go any further. I have made only a few changes to the PC since it last worked. The biggest is adding Nvidia 3D Vision and a 3D monitor. The 3D kicks in and displays the aircraft preview in 3D when I am making my selections. Have I missed some updates or patches to FSX since I have been away from the scene so long? Or can anyone suggest what's going wrong? ThanksNigel
Last time this happened to me it turned out to be a problem with my logbook. Goto the Flightsimulator X folder in the documents folder (The one where the flightplans are stored. Rename the "Logbook.BIN" file (I always rename rather than delete). The next time you load FSX it will rebuild a new log, and you should be good to go (If that is what is causing the problem for you of course)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Tom, Many thanks, tho' alas that didn't do the trick.It did recreate logbook.BIN of 0 bytes, but FSX stayed just showing 'Loading complete' Thanks anyway Nigel

Tom, Many thanks, tho' alas that didn't do the trick.It did recreate logbook.BIN of 0 bytes, but FSX stayed just showing 'Loading complete' Thanks anyway Nigel
Have you tried rebuilding your fsx.cfg file?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

You can try setting all traffic to zero in the traffic tab. If that does not work then in the scenery tab set all sliders to the left and disable all animation, shadows etc. If any of this works then you will just have to play with the settings to see how high you can get them.