Sign in to follow this  
FloB

Oktober News

Now at the Flight website. Looking for a new job?

And the "news" sound even more like they are building a "fun game" more than a sim like the MS Flight Simulator has been. "creating pretty aircraft and scenery", "creating a fun flying game", "fiddle with the knobs and switches in the cockpit"? There might be some fun in it for everybody (even the so called "hardcore-simmers") but it´s more and more obvious that it isn't a "successor" of FSX.

Yeeeee...... let the speculations begin!

There might be some fun in it for everybody (even the so called "hardcore-simmers") but it´s more and more obvious that it isn't a "successor" of FSX.
Well I'm going to reserve judgement for the time being. No doubt the gloom and doom merchants will be along shortly but I'm still taking taking the glass half full attitude. EDIT: One positive result of the latest postings on the Flight website is that there's a bit more meat for us all to chew over. :) Especially the comment about a beta....

Give people power to really test their personality.

Screen shots look great. I guess it's more Hawaii but I don't draw any sweeping conclusions from that. The news article about the challenges of making it fun is interesting though. While it would have been comforting to read something like "it's a hardcore sim for the hardestcore simmer", I am not surprised by the language they are using. Fiddle and fun game are words that could be used for FSX as well. There was this line also "Flight is a game that is designed for a wide range of players, not just a typical simulation enthusiast." It's a small bone but they threw it just the same.

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Hmm, I don´t know what I should think about it. They talk a lot about missions and rewards and nearly nothing about the ability for fly like we can do in FSX or 2004.The job sounds great but likely no degree for that... Cry.gif

Hmm, I don´t know what I should think about it. They talk a lot about missions and rewards and nearly nothing about the ability for fly like we can do in FSX or 2004.The job sound great but likelöy no degree for that... Cry.gif
Uhh..
Of course, players can always choose to fly freely without guidance in order to simply enjoy the beauty of the world, fiddle with the knobs and switches in the cockpit, or put an aircraft through its paces. Each of these experiences is different and enriches the game overall, providing short-term and longer-term gameplay.

Danny

They talk a lot about missions and rewards and nearly nothing about the ability for fly like we can do in FSX or 2004.
"Anyone interested in flying or aviation at any level will find enjoyment in Flight, whether it is through missions or via an ad-hoc Free Flight mode." So you can play the missions, or just fly around. Seems self explanitory, but im sure there will be people crying a river about how adding missions will mean its no longer a true "sim", even though FSX is full of them.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Of course, players can always choose to fly freely without guidance in order to simply enjoy the beauty of the world, fiddle with the knobs and switches in the cockpit, or put an aircraft through its paces.
From this statement, it looks like there may be no ATC system, except maybe through a predefined mission!!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

From this statement, it looks like there may be no ATC system, except maybe through a predefined mission!!!
I'm at work, so I can't see the update yet, but that doesn't mean exactly what you're saying. It's possible, even in FSX, to fly without ATC, just by not tuning the frequency. So it's still maybe and maybe not.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

They look nice enough, but really nothing to get too excited about. Texturing looks better all round. That's about as much as I got from it.

Of course there is no proof for anything beeing NOT in the "game" (and probably won't be until delivery). But since more than one year no straightforward word about flight-models, ATC, system-modeling, worldwide scenery, airliners etc. etc.- and that in light of the rumors of the last months? They are talking about missions and awards and fun flying instead. Who asked for that information?My hopes fade. After all it might be a fun civil flying game with different levels of difficulty and a nice scenery. Nothing more and nothing less.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.